NL keeper list due today - Michael Taylor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL keeper list due today - Michael Taylor

Again 10 teams 5x5 NL league. I have him at $1 but if I don't sign him to a contract he is done after this season. He is doing well in ST 3 HRs 2 SB and a .467 BA in 30 AB. Werth is what 97 yrs old with a 21 mil contract hitting .190 so far. I know it's ST but would you sign him Taylor to a 1 year contract?

I think he still produces more than six bucks by a fairly good margin. If I had the money and roster space I would probably give him the year.

Then again I am keeping him in my 12 team NL only for 10 bucks.

Comment

For $10 do you get a Werth voodoo doll to stick pins in? I would feel better if Werth wasn't owed 42 mil for this season and next.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
        For $10 do you get a Werth voodoo doll to stick pins in? I would feel better if Werth wasn't owed 42 mil for this season and next.
        Ha. We have pretty good inflation. I expect to get 10 hr. and 15 sbs even if everybody stays healthy. More if there are injuries.

Comment

sure why not - unless you got a few better $1 targets at the draft

and yes Werth has a lot of wear and tear even at 108 years old

Comment

I'd extend him. Lots of ways for him to find 400 ABs. And a nice keeper next year.

Comment

i'd keep but not extend. too much uncertainty about even this year, much less next, for my taste.
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I echo the keep but not extend crowd...just never know what Dusty will do.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

def keep him for $1

Comment

sort of hoping he's not kept in our league - I like the guy and hope to target him in the auction.
                    The Dusty point above is a good one though - he's probably looking to bring LaRoche into camp , heh.

Comment

So, in an NL-only auction, how much would you guys pay for Taylor? What's the price you'd want to get him at, as well as the highest price you'd bid?
                      2021 Auction Anatomy
                      2021 Keeper Decisions
                      2020 Auction Anatomy
                      2020 Pre-Auction
                      2015 Auction Anatomy
                      2014 Auction Anatomy
                      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

I really dont see a lot of PT for taylor until Werth gets hurt. He is an end-game or reserve pick for me in an NL. Max bid of 5 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                          So, in an NL-only auction, how much would you guys pay for Taylor? What's the price you'd want to get him at, as well as the highest price you'd bid?
                          I'd like to get him in the 5-7 range, but I'd be willing to go to 10 or 11

Comment

In my NL only 5x5 I have him at $10 going into his second year. I can play him out in 2017 or give him raises a $5 per year. I am keeping him.

I got a phone call last night from another owner that was throwing out names to trade for him. He threw out an $8 and done Matt Duffy. It may not be legitimate as he can sometimes want more when we actually get into the trade.

From my end I am tempted, but kind of want to see what happens with Taylor. I have had him for 4 or 5 years.

Comment

If it is a keeper league, I agree with JC, hope that you can get him for $7, but expect to pay closer to $10 to $12

Comment

Working...
                              X