X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess nobody here reads Deadspin...

One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

• Originally posted by cool hand View Post
      Guess nobody here reads Deadspin...

http://deadspin.com/espns-insane-ada...e-l-1770710009
      No, and after that half-wit, smug, arrogant piece, I won't need to again.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        No, and after that half-wit, smug, arrogant piece, I won't need to again.
        Well, I thought that it was pretty spot on, but then again, I'm kind of a smug, arrogant, half wit...so I got that going for me.

Not a big fan of dismissive a-holes who tell someone that THEIR work isn't worth crap, I just want to know how I did. Which is what he did with the teacher in the meeting...not interested in grades, which is your job, but I really want to know how the kids are behaving in school, which is MY job. And once he finds out, walks out of the meeting. Yeah, not really the way I like to treat people.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Well, I thought that it was pretty spot on, but then again, I'm kind of a smug, arrogant, half wit...so I got that going for me.
          Well...never mind.

Not a big fan of dismissive a-holes who tell someone that THEIR work isn't worth crap, I just want to know how I did. Which is what he did with the teacher in the meeting...not interested in grades, which is your job, but I really want to know how the kids are behaving in school, which is MY job. And once he finds out, walks out of the meeting. Yeah, not really the way I like to treat people.
          Again, we view differently. It's pretty apparent that he doesn't consider grades in school a good measurement of a child's value. From this, it's also pretty apparent that if his kids aren't getting great grades, he's not blaming the teacher. He does, however, support the teacher in the view that his kids need to be behaving in a manner that allows for a teachable environment. If his kids aren't behaving in a manner that contributes to a good environment, he's going to act.

My database is admittedly limited - only three teachers in my family - but all of them welcome parents who are looking to make sure their kids behave instead of dumping on/blaming the teacher for their kids misbehavior. Or simply don't care enough to act, one way or the other.

Comment

Well...never mind.

Again, we view differently. It's pretty apparent that he doesn't consider grades in school a good measurement of a child's value. From this, it's also pretty apparent that if his kids aren't getting great grades, he's not blaming the teacher. He does, however, support the teacher in the view that his kids need to be behaving in a manner that allows for a teachable environment. If his kids aren't behaving in a manner that contributes to a good environment, he's going to act.

My database is admittedly limited - only three teachers in my family - but all of them welcome parents who are looking to make sure their kids behave instead of dumping on/blaming the teacher for their kids misbehavior. Or simply don't care enough to act, one way or the other.
            But how would they feel if someone walked in, dismissed their efforts (teaching their kids) by claiming that the only measurable way to ascertain their performance doesn't matter? I'm biased to a whole, well rounded child...one who is both comfortable with treating others well, and learning what the system thinks is important.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

But how would they feel if someone walked in, dismissed their efforts (teaching their kids) by claiming that the only measurable way to ascertain their performance doesn't matter? I'm biased to a whole, well rounded child...one who is both comfortable with treating others well, and learning what the system thinks is important.
              They'll take parents who only care about behavior over those who only care about grades anytime.

Comment

They'll take parents who only care about behavior over those who only care about grades anytime.
                Can't we have a happy medium? The well rounded parent as well as the well rounded child?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Can't we have a happy medium? The well rounded parent as well as the well rounded child?
                  Sure, but they're surprisingly rare. IMO, he's focusing on the most important part.

Comment

Sure, but they're surprisingly rare. IMO, he's focusing on the most important part.
                    Does that include the all important Nut Slapping techniques as taught by the pros? I keed, I keed...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

I absolutely guarantee there will be fallout in the clubhouse and if the Sox struggle this season it will all be placed upon Williams and his ill timed horribly executed maneuver.

Well they have struggled and it looks like to at least ONE player (Sale) that management is to blame. We'll see ow this runs out for Williams, but he's proven to be pretty ham handed in handling the 'Person' in Personnel so I wouldn't be surprised if Sale never pitches for the WSox again. I also think that even though Sale will still bring a ton of talent in return, Sale effectively reduced William's leverage with his outburst and suspension.

I blame Drake for all this............
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        ... Sale effectively reduced William's leverage with his outburst and suspension ...
                        I don't think teams will be overly concerned with Sale's foray into fashion. Talent trumps all.

Comment

• _____
                          13781935_10154420179567502_2117046934304009757_n.jpg
                          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitey View Post
                            I don't think teams will be overly concerned with Sale's foray into fashion. Talent trumps all.
                            100%. He's not crazy, he's eccentric.

Comment

Working...
                            X