• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy baseball magazines 2016

At Barnes and Noble Saturday, i saw these three magazines are out already:
    Sporting News
    Fantasy Baseball Guide (Rotoman & co.)
    Lindy's
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

The Sporting News was not at the Tulsa Barnes and Noble today (1/11), but it was at the grocery store in the suburb I live in?

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      At Barnes and Noble Saturday, i saw these three magazines are out already:
      Sporting News
      Fantasy Baseball Guide (Rotoman & co.)
      Lindy's
      Ick. Meh. Double Ick.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        Ick. Meh. Double Ick.

J
        Nay nay...Mmm, mmm, not so much.

Comment

I think Lindy's has been the weakest over the years. Truth be told, if I go to the store and it is the only one there, I am buying it. If all three are there, I am most likely only buying the other two.

Comment

I always buy the Sporting News and Rotoworld. Years ago the Sporting News magazine seemed to be better than the rest but it and everything else has changed so much. I get most of my information online these days but buy the magazines because I like to read them. I also have generally bought (but not this year) the Forecaster and Prospectus but I have problems reading the small print stats in Forecaster, but I find the articles interesting. I have always found the Prospectus to be a bit unwieldy making it somewhat difficult to read.

Comment

Last year i did not see one from Rotoworld so i assume they no longer do the print version. I think they still have an online version.

Sporting News is ok for top 500. If you want something deeper then Fantasy Baseball Guide is probably better with 1400 player profiles and top 50 at each infield position. Any baseball reading material in January is a welcome sight.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Last year i did not see one from Rotoworld so i assume they no longer do the print version. I think they still have an online version.

Sporting News is ok for top 500. If you want something deeper then Fantasy Baseball Guide is probably better with 1400 player profiles and top 50 at each infield position. Any baseball reading material in January is a welcome sight.
                How about I send you my guide to help you win this season??
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  How about I send you my guide to help you win this season??
                  I don't read fiction.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't read fiction.
                    So my 4 wins in the last 9 years didn't happen? My bank account says different!!

And that League Trophy that's been collecting dust the last 3 years in my basement..
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

So my 4 wins in the last 9 years didn't happen? My bank account says different!!

And that League Trophy that's been collecting dust the last 3 years in my basement..
                      It's all luck. Remember?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

It's all luck. Remember?
                        Not according to you it isn't. It's all skill!!!

Comment

So, winning has changed your opinion on luck? Hmmmn........

― Albert Einstein

Comment

So, winning has changed your opinion on luck? Hmmmn........
                            No, I said according to YOU.

I always said that luck plays a bigger part than most think. Never said it was all luck.

Comment

It's all luck.
                              sounds like the DFS argument with the NY AG!
                              Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Working...
                              X