Deal or no Deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    So are any of the following, in a package, worth trading Noah or Dozier for? I'm get the consensus that deGrom shouldn't be touched.

H Olviera 2b
    K Marte 3b
    B Burns 1b
    J Reddick 3b
    K Morales 1b
    J Bradley 1b

S Doolittle 2b
    J Ross 1b
    C Martinez 4b
    I would much rather have Noah and Dozier at their prices than any of these players, except for Morales, maybe.

Depends on how much you believe in Dozier and Morales.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      I like C-Mart and Marte. I think Doolittle, Morales, Reddick could all crack your top 10. So yes I would say there's a package here that could work. I'd honestly rather trade Dozier. Can you get 3 or 4 guys?
      I agree with this. I would add Olivera to the list as well.

I would trade Noah if I could C-Mart and any two of these players.

Comment

see the one I'm scared of is Dozier, plus after last season I'm really off mid to low avgs (we still use avg.) I could probably trade noah or Dozier and say Pujols, for cmart and 2-4 others. FWIW I have always like Morales, i targeted him his rookie season when everyone else slept on him. Had him the year he broke his leg after the slam. So hoping this is his return to studliness.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

see the one I'm scared of is Dozier, plus after last season I'm really off mid to low avgs (we still use avg.) I could probably trade noah or Dozier and say Pujols, for cmart and 2-4 others. FWIW I have always like Morales, i targeted him his rookie season when everyone else slept on him. Had him the year he broke his leg after the slam. So hoping this is his return to studliness.
          How much risk is there with a $6 2b that will score 100 runs, hit 20 hrs and steal 12 bases. Yep he will only hit .235 -240, but you can live with a couple of those on your team if you plan for it.

I would not want to trade Dozier and Pujols in this deal. What does Noah get you by himself?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            How much risk is there with a $6 2b that will score 100 runs, hit 20 hrs and steal 12 bases. Yep he will only hit .235 -240, but you can live with a couple of those on your team if you plan for it.

I would not want to trade Dozier and Pujols in this deal. What does Noah get you by himself?
            not sure, but this is how I am looking at it...is Pujols 24 and Dozier 6 better than kendry, olivera, marte, c mart and doolittle for a total of 12?
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

not sure, but this is how I am looking at it...is Pujols 24 and Dozier 6 better than kendry, olivera, marte, c mart and doolittle for a total of 12?
              I mean, I would say no. I'm not a huge Pujols guy. He probably won't even be ready to start the season. He's still got power but that's really all that's left at this point.

Comment

So here's my options (other than standing pat)

DeGrome 4 for Kendry, Olivera, C Mart, Marte and Doolittle total of 12

or

Dozier 6 for Stanton 38 and Scherzer 33

Keeps look like this post trade:
                Grandal, Yasmani 2 c
                Morales 1
                Moustakas, Mike 9 b
                Marte 3
                Dozier 6

CMart 4
                Estrada, Marco 3 B
                Syndergaard, Noah 5 C
                Storen, Drew 1 b
                Doolittle 2

$37 total

Grandal, Yasmani 2 c
                Pujols, Albert 24 b
                Moustakas, Mike 9 b
                Kemp, Matt 18 C
                Stanton 38

Scherzer 33
                deGrom, Jacob 4 C
                Estrada, Marco 3 B
                Syndergaard, Noah 5 C
                Storen, Drew 1 b

$137 total

Thoughts?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

So here's my options (other than standing pat)

DeGrome 4 for Kendry, Olivera, C Mart, Marte and Doolittle total of 12

or

Dozier 6 for Stanton 38 and Scherzer 33

Keeps look like this post trade:
                  Grandal, Yasmani 2 c
                  Morales 1
                  Olivera 2
                  Moustakas, Mike 9 b
                  Marte 3
                  Dozier 6

CMart 4
                  Syndergaard, Noah 5 C
                  Storen, Drew 1 b
                  Doolittle 2

$36 total

Grandal, Yasmani 2 c
                  Pujols, Albert 24 b
                  Moustakas, Mike 9 b
                  Kemp, Matt 18 C
                  Stanton 38

Scherzer 33
                  deGrom, Jacob 4 C
                  Estrada, Marco 3 B
                  Syndergaard, Noah 5 C
                  Storen, Drew 1 b

$137 total

Thoughts?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I'm a little less averse to carrying a high payroll than most, so keep that in mind. I'd probably go with option #2, doing the Dozier trade. It's not a bad way to go into the season, having a 40 homer bat and a 200+ K arm on your team. You might be chasing speed, but that's pretty much the position that anyone who doesn't have Gordon or Hamilton will be in.

While it's great to have a lot to spend, it doesn't guarantee that you'll actually get any of the available talent you want...I've seen plenty of guys drop out of the bidding, only to find themselves with WAY too much money to spend on middling players.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I wouldn't do the Degrom deal. No way.

I don't love the Dozier deal, but I do like the idea of locking up 2 studs.

Comment

Somehow I missed this one. What did you end up doing?

I like #2. That is a good team going into the auction with plenty of money to spend.

Comment

I haven't done either. IF I do anything it will be #2. Still have my original set of 9 keepers you guys helped pick out in the original part of this thread.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Well I chose not to make either of those deals.

I now have someone who wants Thor at $5c for 2-3 of the following:

Mesoraco $3c
                            Lindor $5c
                            Pederson $7c
                            Springer $10C
                            Urias $5m

Thor is projecting 15-20 in early pubs,

Thoughts?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Well I chose not to make either of those deals.

I now have someone who wants Thor at $5c for 2-3 of the following:

Mesoraco $3c
                              Lindor $5c
                              Pederson $7c
                              Springer $10C
                              Urias $5m

Thor is projecting 15-20 in early pubs,

Thoughts?
                              The "C" means they're done after this year, right? I'm a big fan of Springer and I like Lindor or Joc at those prices. Really like Thor a lot. But hitters are more stable and you could use more keepers. Guessing shortstops could be tough to find.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                                The "C" means they're done after this year, right? I'm a big fan of Springer and I like Lindor or Joc at those prices. Really like Thor a lot. But hitters are more stable and you could use more keepers. Guessing shortstops could be tough to find.
                                Yes, but they can be extended.

So, Springer, Joc and Lindor for Thor?

If that's a deal do I extend any of them?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X