Deal or no Deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deal or no Deal?

In Boxscore, the RJ staff league (or at least it used to be), I had a terrible Sept which took me from 2nd all the way out of the money. I've got 3 excellent Keeps, but not much else. I'm thinking of trading one/all of them for several poss high upside guys, picks, minor leaguers.

Grandal, Yasmani 2 c
    Pujols, Albert 24 b
    Dozier, Brian 6 c
    Moustakas, Mike 9 b
    Goins, Ryan 2 B
    Kemp, Matt 18 C
    Pham, Tommy 2 B
    Guerrero, Alex 5 C
    Iglesias, Jose 2 B
    Rollins, Jimmy 4 C
    DeShields, Delino 10 B
    Jankowski, Travis 4 B
    Upton Jr., Melvin 1 b

deGrom, Jacob 4 C
    Estrada, Marco 3 B
    Kazmir, Scott 15 B
    Kelly, Casey 1 B

Rosenthal, Trevor 22 B
    Syndergaard, Noah 5 C
    Tomlin, Josh B
    Rea, Colin 2 B
    Storen, Drew 1 b

Now the 3 bold players are my best keeps.

My question is, are there 7 more legit keeps or should I deal the 3 and get deeper?

14 team, mixed 5x5 standard c is last year of the contract.
    Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 11-11-2015, 11:48 AM.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

two catcher league or one?

either way I don't think you have seven. Storen (assuming he ends up closing somewhere), Rosenthal, Grandal, Kemp, Moustakas if you believe in him are all good, but I don't see two more. Probably Pujols assuming the surgery doesn't make him miss too much time. Still one slot left.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post

either way I don't think you have seven. Storen (assuming he ends up closing somewhere), Rosenthal, Grandal, Kemp, Moustakas if you believe in him are all good, but I don't see two more. Probably Pujols assuming the surgery doesn't make him miss too much time. Still one slot left.
      2 I also have salty at $1 but that's meh.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post

Pujols is out 4.5 months, I like him to come back and the price so he is on my list.

If I have a $4 deGrom he is not going anywhere before the auction unless I get an offer that is clearly overpaying. I wait to see how my draft goes then if needed trade him in season.

You have a lot of money so you could take on some high at value salary as part of two for one. I could see trading Syndergaard in the right deal.

Do you have to keep 10 or do you want to keep 10?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Pujols is out 4.5 months, I like him to come back and the price so he is on my list.

If I have a $4 deGrom he is not going anywhere before the auction unless I get an offer that is clearly overpaying. I wait to see how my draft goes then if needed trade him in season.

You have a lot of money so you could take on some high at value salary as part of two for one. I could see trading Syndergaard in the right deal.

Do you have to keep 10 or do you want to keep 10?
          don't have to, but usually find a way to.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Grandal, Yasmani 2 c
            Pujols, Albert 24 b
            Dozier, Brian 6 c
            Moustakas, Mike 9 b
            Kemp, Matt 18 C
            deGrom, Jacob 4 C
            Estrada, Marco 3 B
            Rosenthal, Trevor 2 B
            Syndergaard, Noah 5 C

There's 9...how much is Tomlin?
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Grandal, Yasmani 2 c
              Pujols, Albert 24 b
              Dozier, Brian 6 c
              Moustakas, Mike 9 b
              Kemp, Matt 18 C
              deGrom, Jacob 4 C
              Estrada, Marco 3 B
              Rosenthal, Trevor 2 B
              Syndergaard, Noah 5 C

$2 b contract Oh and Rosenthal is 22 srry typo.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                $2 b contract Oh and Rosenthal is 22 srry typo.
                At $2 Tomlin is low risk but I wouldn't keep Rosenthal at 22 unless there is a premium on closers. I wouldn't trade DeGrom or Syndegaard.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Grandal, Yasmani 2 c
                  Pujols, Albert 24 b
                  Dozier, Brian 6 c
                  Moustakas, Mike 9 b
                  Kemp, Matt 18 C
                  deGrom, Jacob 4 C
                  Estrada, Marco 3 B
                  Rosenthal, Trevor 2 B
                  Syndergaard, Noah 5 C

Yep, add a $2 Tomlin and I feel pretty good about the roster for $75 bucks total. Gives a good solid base with plenty of cash to spend.

Comment

At $2 Tomlin is low risk but I wouldn't keep Rosenthal at 22 unless there is a premium on closers. I wouldn't trade DeGrom or Syndegaard.
                    Oops, back to 9.

Comment

I'd be real nervous about Tomlin. Look at http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...388&position=P. He basically had the same numbers as last year but had a .199 BABIP. Admittedly his strikeouts were up and walks were down, and I guess he could sustain those maybe if he got better at the age of 31 while pitching with the same pitching coach he has the last few years, but I'm not sure I'd want to commit to locking up a roster spot for him before the auction.

btw, the same analysis applies to Estrada except that his strikeouts and walks both got worse instead of better and he's not likely to end up with a team that gives him an average of five runs per game next year.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

So are any of the following, in a package, worth trading Noah or Dozier for? I'm get the consensus that deGrom shouldn't be touched.

H Olviera 2b
                        K Marte 3b
                        B Burns 1b
                        J Reddick 3b
                        K Morales 1b
                        J Bradley 1b

S Doolittle 2b
                        J Ross 1b
                        C Martinez 4b

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Grandal, Yasmani 2 c
                          Pujols, Albert 24 b
                          Dozier, Brian 6 c
                          Moustakas, Mike 9 b
                          Kemp, Matt 18 C
                          DeShields, Delino 10 B

deGrom, Jacob 4 C
                          Estrada, Marco 3 B
                          Syndergaard, Noah 5 C
                          Storen, Drew 1 b
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

So are any of the following, in a package, worth trading Noah or Dozier for? I'm get the consensus that deGrom shouldn't be touched.

H Olviera 2b
                            K Marte 3b
                            B Burns 1b
                            J Reddick 3b
                            K Morales 1b
                            J Bradley 1b

S Doolittle 2b
                            J Ross 1b
                            C Martinez 4b
                            Thought's on any of these guys?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

H Olviera 2b
                              K Marte 3b
                              B Burns 1b
                              J Reddick 3b
                              K Morales 1b
                              J Bradley 1b

S Doolittle 2b
                              J Ross 1b
                              C Martinez 4b
                              I like C-Mart and Marte. I think Doolittle, Morales, Reddick could all crack your top 10. So yes I would say there's a package here that could work. I'd honestly rather trade Dozier. Can you get 3 or 4 guys?

Grandal, Yasmani 2 c
                              >>Morales 1
                              Moustakas, Mike 9 b
                              >> Marte 3

deGrom, Jacob 4 C
                              Estrada, Marco 3 B
                              Syndergaard, Noah 5 C
                              Storen, Drew 1 b (or someone else if he doesn't get traded)
                              >>> CMart 4
                              >>> Doolittle 2

Comment

Working...
                              X