139 Free agents-let the fun begin...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Heyward can play center, but it's kind of a waste since he's so good in right.
    Sure he can play CF, but it won't be at an elite level, so for the money he'll get he won't be worth it as a CF IMO. Of course, when Almora is ready, he can shift back to RF if they've traded Soler (which would be a bad decision IMO).
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      I would really like the Yankees to get Price. The pitching market isn't going to be very good next year and it's not like they're 1 year away from having a super-ace rotation. In 2-3 years if they have managed to build a contending team that isn't quite so old, Price can still be a big contributor to that. Which is why they should have traded for Hamels.

For a hitter, it's hard to say. I think I'd like Howie Kendrick. Hate to lose the draft pick but the Yankees seem to screw up a fair number of those anyway. He's only 31, as opposed to Zobrist who is older and yet will probably cost more. I can see the argument for getting Heyward. Again, not much on the market next year and he's young enough to be useful in a few years. But where do you play him this year? If A-Rod is still useful then Beltran has to "play" in the outfield for 1 more year. And I do worry a little about Gardner, Ellsbury and Heyward all being different versions of the same guy. Maybe Justin Upton makes more sense using the same arguments.
      The Yanks are not going to get Heyward or Upton. Right field is for Aaron Judge in 2017. You are confusing the current Yankees with the 1990s and early 2000 version were they spent money just to spend it. I don't see Price either, they've already said that CC doesn't have a guaranteed spot with all the starters they currently have. Yes, I know that Price is far better than Eovaldi and Nova but I don't see them going after Price. Maybe next off season when Tex, CC and Beltran come off the books and Tex and Beltran are replaced with Bird and Judge they might make a splash but I don't see it this year. Having said that, I wouldn't mind Price because after this year there will be a ton of money available but I feel that Cashman is just waiting for next year.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
        The Yanks are not going to get Heyward or Upton. Right field is for Aaron Judge in 2017. You are confusing the current Yankees with the 1990s and early 2000 version were they spent money just to spend it. I don't see Price either, they've already said that CC doesn't have a guaranteed spot with all the starters they currently have. Yes, I know that Price is far better than Eovaldi and Nova but I don't see them going after Price. Maybe next off season when Tex, CC and Beltran come off the books and Tex and Beltran are replaced with Bird and Judge they might make a splash but I don't see it this year. Having said that, I wouldn't mind Price because after this year there will be a ton of money available but I feel that Cashman is just waiting for next year.
        Right... but next year's free agents suck. So bite the bullet and make the move 1 year too early.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          Right... but next year's free agents suck. So bite the bullet and make the move 1 year too early.
          I hear ya, I just don't think Cashman will do it.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Sure he can play CF, but it won't be at an elite level, so for the money he'll get he won't be worth it as a CF IMO. Of course, when Almora is ready, he can shift back to RF if they've traded Soler (which would be a bad decision IMO).
            I do not want them to trade Soler. I think he can be as good as Heyward. That said I would like to see Heyward in Cubs uniform CF or LF with Schwarber behind the plate. I do not think the Cubs will actually sign Heyward, but I still would like to see it. Maybe just a guilty pleasure. The rumors make me smile.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              I do not want them to trade Soler. I think he can be as good as Heyward. That said I would like to see Heyward in Cubs uniform CF or LF with Schwarber behind the plate. I do not think the Cubs will actually sign Heyward, but I still would like to see it. Maybe just a guilty pleasure. The rumors make me smile.
              I'd love to see Schwarber at C as well but I suspect that's not going to happen.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I think that Soler can be much better than Heyward...13 HR's and 61 RBI? I know that he's a defensive whiz, but old timey stats have to count for something, and he just doesn't have them. That said, somebody is going to give him 8 for 200 million and regret it. Soler can be a 30/100 guy who hits in the 3 or 4 hole. Heyward is a 2 or 5 hole guy, not an impact bat that's worth that kind of money.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Patrick Mooney of CSNChicago.com reports that the Cubs planning to sit down with the agents for David Price, Zack Greinke and Jordan Zimmermann at this week's GM Meetings.
                  The Cubs are widely-expected to go after a top-flight starting pitcher this offseason, but these will mostly be preliminary discussions as they attempt to get a feel for the market. Price would be reunited with Joe Maddon in Chicago and has been considered a natural fit there for a while, but it's all going to come down to the money. He's expected to land a contract north of $200 million.-RotoWorld.

Spend that money Cubs, go get Price!!

Comment

Working...
                  X