Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOM Seaver reds ?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      would you like to pick one of the others? (although Ripken 1991 did lead in WAR)
      OK, I'll try Davis-2013.

Comment

Reds P - Mario Soto?
        Yanks P - Jimmy Key? David Cone?

Comment

Davis and Soto are correct.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

OK, for the Rangers hitter, I'll guess A Soriano's almost 40-40 yr, sometime in the early/mid-2000's.

Comment

Pirates - Reuschel? A couple of decent years in mid 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                OK, for the Rangers hitter, I'll guess A Soriano's almost 40-40 yr, sometime in the early/mid-2000's.
                I had forgotten Soriano even played for the Rangers. That season actually is pretty low on the scale, mostly because he had a .309 OBP in a year where the league OBP was .330.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Cardinals hitter - S Rolen
                  Natiionals - Bryce Harper
                  Padres - McGriff
                  Phillies - Von Hayes
                  Rangers - R Yount
                  Twins - Joe Mauer
                  White Sox - E Loaiza,
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I had forgotten Soriano even played for the Rangers. That season actually is pretty low on the scale, mostly because he had a .309 OBP in a year where the league OBP was .330.
                    Oh yeah, I guess he had that year w the Yankees, didnt he? My bad.

Comment

eld is good at this. although it helps a little to be coming in at the end, maybe.

and Feral got the White Sox pitcher! Loaiza, by WAR, had the fourth best season of any White Sox pitcher in the last hundred years, behind two Wilbur Wood years and some completely forgotten dude named Tom Bradley (http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...316&position=P). One of the Wood years and the Bradley year were both 1971, maybe the league was super hard that year or something.
                      Last edited by mjl; 10-05-2015, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Nope, still missing the Padres and Phillies hitters. But Howard's season is just a hair behind the leader, and nobody had come up with him either.

Comment

Nope, still missing the Padres and Phillies hitters. But Howard's season is just a hair behind the leader, and nobody had come up with him either.
                          Scott Rolen Phillies ?
                          Tony Gwynn ?
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Padres - Ken Caminiti?
                            Phillies - Jimmy Rollins? Seems like his OBP would be too low but his '07 or '08 or '09 or whatever was a pretty epic year with tons of ABs. Edit: Ooh, how about Bobby Abreu?
                            Caminiti and Abreu are both correct. Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                              A's P: Stewart
                              Brewers H: Braun
                              Cards H: Pujols
                              Mariners hitter: Boone?
                              Orioles H: Brady Anderson
                              Red Sox H: Nomar
                              Royals H: Brett
                              Padres H: Nevin
                              It's weird, the post below this is mine, and i started my post before this one posted. Just being at work cost me some right answers. How the hell did we both come up with Nevin?
                              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

updated. Nice job on Prior!
                                Damnit, that's his name. I wracked my brain trying to remember that guy who pitched with Wood.
                                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X