Ian Stewart Optioned To AAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
    I'm sure the M's would gladly trade you Chone Figgins for him. I bet they'd even eat a good bit of Figgins' salary, too.
    Is he better than Herrera? Not anymore. He certainly costs more $$

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Back to AAA:

Rockies optioned 3B Ian Stewart to Triple-A Colorado Springs.
      Stewart went just 1-for-21 (.048) during his most recent stay with the team and has just three hits in 47 at-bats (.064) this season. One wonders if this is it for him in Colorado. Ty Wigginton was activated from the disabled list Friday and should most of the playing time at third base moving forward. He's worth a look in deeper mixed formats.
      May 13, 5:54 PM

Comment

Weird that he could be so good in AAA and so bad in the bigs. How do you account for that?
        I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

It seems a bit harsh to shuttle him to AAA twice even though he only has 47 at-bats on the year. If the Rockies weren't floundering so bad I'm guessing they'd let him work through his struggles on the major league roster, but I guess they're hoping Ty Wigginton can be the savior of their offense.

Comment

We wont be seeing Stewart back for a long while this time.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
              Weird that he could be so good in AAA and so bad in the bigs. How do you account for that?
              Hensley Muelens disease?
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Welcome back again per Rotoworld:
                Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that Ian Stewart is being promoted back to the majors.
                Stewart has posted an impressive .269/.356/.581 batting line in 44 games this season at the Triple-A level and will try to carry some of that momentum with him back to the major leagues. The 41-44 Rockies could use a boost.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                  Welcome back again per Rotoworld:
                  Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that Ian Stewart is being promoted back to the majors.
                  Stewart has posted an impressive .269/.356/.581 batting line in 44 games this season at the Triple-A level and will try to carry some of that momentum with him back to the major leagues. The 41-44 Rockies could use a boost.
                  The timing of this move is strange, with Ty Wigginton and Mark Ellis tearing it up at the only two positions Stewart could conceivably play. It doesn't make a lot of sense to bring him up just for bench depth. As such, I'll speculate...

Blackmon to CF
                  Wigginton to LF
                  Stewart to 3B

... while CarGo's wrist heals.
                  "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                  "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                  "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                    The timing of this move is strange, with Ty Wigginton and Mark Ellis tearing it up at the only two positions Stewart could conceivably play. It doesn't make a lot of sense to bring him up just for bench depth. As such, I'll speculate...

Blackmon to CF
                    Wigginton to LF
                    Stewart to 3B

... while CarGo's wrist heals.
                    I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for the speculation.

Comment

Blackmon is 7 for his last 47. How long until he gets sent back down?
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Stewart still sucks.

Comment

That solves some of the logjam.

Charlie Blackmon was diagnosed with a fractured left foot.

Comment

Working...
                          X