Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian Stewart Optioned To AAA

Linky: http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17883108

Unable to gain traction offensively in limited opportunities, third baseman Ian Stewart was optioned to Triple-A Colorado Springs today.

The team optioned Stewart to make a spot for Ubaldo Jimenez, who is returning from the 15-day DL. It leaves the Rockies one bench player short for tonight's game against the Giants.

Stewart was batting .077 with 11 strikeouts in 26 at-bats.
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

26 ABs gets him optioned to AAA? Yikes, tough room.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      26 ABs gets him optioned to AAA? Yikes, tough room.
      He's been out of favor for awhile, dating back to last year at least. Obviously, there has been organizational frustration with his lack of development, but I've also heard whispers that the club increasingly equates his lackadaisical demeanor with a lack of passion, and that doesn't fly in this clubhouse.
      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
        He's been out of favor for awhile, dating back to last year at least. Obviously, there has been organizational frustration with his lack of development, but I've also heard whispers that the club increasingly equates his lackadaisical demeanor with a lack of passion, and that doesn't fly in this clubhouse.
        I'm sure the M's would gladly trade you Chone Figgins for him. I bet they'd even eat a good bit of Figgins' salary, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
          I'm sure the M's would gladly trade you Chone Figgins for him. I bet they'd even eat a good bit of Figgins' salary, too.
          Make it a reasonably priced, dependable, innings-eating, back-of-the-rotation starter, and I think he'd be yours tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
            Make it a reasonably priced, dependable, innings-eating, back-of-the-rotation starter, and I think he'd be yours tomorrow.
            How is he defensively?

Comment

Originally posted by The Goat View Post
              How is he defensively?
              Figgins? If so, he's actually pretty good at third base. And he knows how to take a walk.

Comment

Seems like a perfect fit for the third-base-challenged Marlins...shouldnt take too much to get him I guess.

Comment

Does Herrera pick up some more ABs?
                  I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
                    I think for certain, yes, he would. Lopez at third and Wiggy 1B and 3B, with Hererra getting the lion's share of starts at 2B. For now anyway, until he cools off significantly, but I think he's earned a long look and the chance to come out of any kind of slump.

Comment

Originally posted by The Goat View Post
                      How is he defensively?
                      To the naked eye, Stewart's defense seemed to improve noticeably last year. I don't know what the defensive metrics say, but he looked smoother and more confident with the glove to me in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
                        Herrera taking some pre-game grounders at 3B today on the heels of Ian Stewart's demotion...

Comment

He is rejoining the team today per Ringgolsby on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                            He is rejoining the team today per Ringgolsby on Twitter
                            Tracy made it sound like initially, they were not going to bring him back up to sit the bench. Hopefully, we can get some ROI this year.

Comment

With Herrera struggling, Lopez sucking and Wiggy being Wiggy, its a good bet Stewart is here to stay.
                              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Working...
                              X