Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackmadden View Post
    Alderson just said the deal is dead.
    I'm hearing that too. SOOOO disappointed if that's the case.

Comment

Sandy Alderson told the press after the game that there will be no deal (SNY just carried his inpromptu press conference).

Flores said he found out about the rumors from the fans in the stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros View Post
        Sandy Alderson told the press after the game that there will be no deal (SNY just carried his inpromptu press conference).

Flores said he found out about the rumors from the fans in the stands.
        Way to go, Joel Sherman!

Comment

Sherman is saying that Gomez's agent was told "deal done pending physicals." Which guy didn't pass the physical? The Tommy John surgery guy? Come on!

Comment

This is why Twitter sucks. Being first is more important than being right. It's a horrible trend and needs to stop.

P.S. Get off my lawn.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              This is why Twitter sucks. Being first is more important than being right. It's a horrible trend and needs to stop.

P.S. Get off my lawn.
              From what I can tell, the deal was far enough along that the Brewers informed the agent for Gomez. So it probably shouldn't have been tweeted until completed, I guess, but the deal was done pending physicals it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                I can't remember the last time a player recovering from TJ was dealt. Is that common and I just don't remember? How does one "pass" a physical when they are hurt? It is a nice return if Wheeler gets all the way back but it is not sure thing, despite the positive press for TJ these days. In fact, the fail rate is around 30% I believe, which I guess is still better odds than betting on an unproven prospect.
                Matt Wisler?

I wouldn't be shocked if the Brewers backed out because of this Flores fiasco.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Matt Wisler?

I wouldn't be shocked if the Brewers backed out because of this Flores fiasco.
                  I hope they figure out an alternate structure, but doubt it will happen.

Comment

Looks like it was Wheeler's medical records.

OR

Originally Posted by RotoWorld:

Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports that the Mets backed out of the proposed trade to acquire Carlos Gomez from the Brewers due to concern over his hip issue.
                    Scott Boras, the agent for Gomez, has stated that his client is "injury-free" and that he has "no problem whatsoever" with his hip. The Mets will have to continue shopping elsewhere to acquire the big bat they would like to add to the outfield.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

The latest update appears to me to be that Mets told Brewers deal was done pending physicals.
                      Brewers tell CarGo deal is done, agent tells reporters same
                      CarGo tweets photo of himself as leaving.

BUT contingency is not Wheeler but Gomez.
                      Mets had concerns possibly hip.
                      Mets left Flores in because they didn't consider deal done.
                      Mets seem pissed at Brewers - and maybe CarGo too?

That won't be whole story but we are making progress.
                      Too soon to tell if Mets deserved to get shit on to extent they did.
                      But down 5 runs with a crying SS on the field, I'd have yanked him.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

As a Gomez owner, if the Mets had concerns about his health, then I'm confident he'll stay completely healthy for the next 3 years.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          Too soon to tell if Mets deserved to get shit on to extent they did.
                          Yes, yes they did. And they compounded it by cancelling a deal that likely would have helped them down the stretch because they were embarrassed, under a bogus guise of a hip injury Gomez has been over for weeks.

Say what you will about the poorly run teams in the NL West, but no one can give the Mets a run for their money on sheer incompetence. If I were Flores, I'd be crying right now since I didn't escape that loony bin.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Yes, yes they did. And they compounded it by cancelling a deal that likely would have helped them down the stretch because they were embarrassed, under a bogus guise of a hip injury Gomez has been over for weeks.

Say what you will about the poorly run teams in the NL West, but no one can give the Mets a run for their money on sheer incompetence. If I were Flores, I'd be crying right now since I didn't escape that loony bin.
                            I say this as a Mets fan, chancellor, the organization is not just incompetent but also painfully cheap. While the Brewers claim the deal fell apart because of financial matters, that may be simply to cover for a medical issue. However, it would also be par for the course for the Mets, who may have asked Milwaukee to pick up the already low cost of Gomez's contract.

Comment

even-handed take on the real-time, Twitter reporting on Mets' near-deal with Brewers from Columbia Journalism Review

http://www.cjr.org/analysis/baseball...ampaign=buffer
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Fascinating read. Thanks for posting.

I wish an insider could tell us if it really was a medical issue or a financial one!

Comment

Working...
                                X