Carlos Gomez to the Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Gomez to the Mets

for Wheeler and Flores. So says ESPN. Wow.

Wow. Very un-met like. And Flores just turned a double play a second ago!

Comment

Flores was still going to bat -- if he was dealt, why hasn't he been pulled yet?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Flores was still going to bat -- if he was dealt, why hasn't he been pulled yet?
        Probably so he could get injured before the trade could be finalized...that would be very Mets.

Comment

I can't remember the last time a player recovering from TJ was dealt. Is that common and I just don't remember? How does one "pass" a physical when they are hurt? It is a nice return if Wheeler gets all the way back but it is not sure thing, despite the positive press for TJ these days. In fact, the fail rate is around 30% I believe, which I guess is still better odds than betting on an unproven prospect.

Comment

Interesting restock by the Brewers. Flores, presumably, will go to the vacancy at 3B, and hopefully Wheeler successfully returns from TJ to be the Brewers #1 or #2 SP.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Typically stupid Mets...the kid is actually on the field crying. What a classless bunch of assholes.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Typically stupid Mets...the kid is actually on the field crying. What a classless bunch of assholes.
                Met announcers, the best in the game behind Vin, are bashing the team for this.

Comment

It is so dumb. At least he got his standing O his last time up...but there is no reason for him to still be in.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    Those are tears of happiness once he realized he doesn't have to go to Mets doctors anymore.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Ken Rosenthal reporting no deal is done yet. So should the Mets pull him because of a Joel Sherman tweet?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Ken Rosenthal reporting no deal is done yet. So should the Mets pull him because of a Joel Sherman tweet?
                        Maybe pull him because of Brewer player tweets of goodbye selfies with Gomez?

CLIBoE9UEAAUYZD.jpg

Comment

Terry Collins in his post game press conference stated that no one in the front office contacted him about the trade situation during the game. Because of that, he assumed that the rumors were not true and kept Flores in the game. After the game, Collins had to go find the front office staff (they never contacted him) to find out what was going on. He was told that there is no deal.

SNY muted large chunks of Collins talk due to colorful language, so we don't know all of the facts right now.

Comment

All that noise will pass. PARTY TIME!!! I'm pumped that GoGo is headed to the Mets.

Comment

Alderson just said the deal is dead.

Comment

Working...
                              X