Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your biggest regret so far this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your biggest regret so far this season?

I thought there was already a thread like this but i couldn't find it. Maybe it was a previous year. My apologies if there is one.

My biggest regret so far is dropping Arod for Moustakis in early April. With two UT spots, i wish i had dropped someone else and still had both of them. Really surprised by ARods age 40 (8 more days) production so far. Especially after missing the entire 2014 season and two thirds of 2013. This guy must have lived in the gym during the off-season.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

not trading Nori Aoki for Miakel Franco in IdleHands, or taking Colin McHugh instead of JD Martinez in the first round of one of my SIM leagues
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Being given the choice of duda or a cheap keepable keuchel in a pre-auction deal and choosing duda. I like Duda, but I'd be in first place if I'd had Keuchel all year. It would have been a steal of a deal too. We both thought Keuchel would regress.

Comment

Early in the season, traded Blackmon to Hammer for Leonys "sucks" Martin

Comment

keeping/purchasing/drafting cobb in everyone of my leagues.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Going with a "low risk veteran hitters" approach in my redraft league, which resulted in drafting low ceiling mediocrities who actually were high risk, such as Brandon Moss, Mike Napoli, Adam LaRoche, Daniel Murphy et al. Combining this with drafting pitchers higher than usual has given me my all-time greatest pitching staff along with my all-time worst hitting.

Comment

Drafting too many low-OBP, slump-prone hitters and young hyped-up hitters who hadn't proven enough instead of hitters with solid, consistent track records.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Dropping Billy Burns in April when he was sent to AAA. With Crisp & Reddick coming back & they had just signed Cody Ross I didn't see a spot for him. Yeah, good thinking there.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

dealing all the wrong keepers in the offseason for extra draft cash.

Ended up keeping Lucroy and Sandoval.

Dealt off Frazier, Cruz, Cespedes and Freeman.
                  Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Bidding 30 on Strasburg, and stopping at 30 on Harper. Plus bidding unnecessarily on a couple of back up/injured closers (Romo and Parnell).
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Building my NL-only pitching staff around Adam Wainwright, Stephen Strasburg, Homer Bailey and Hyun-Jin Ryu. Or maybe it's having Steve Cishek and Addison Reed as my "closers"

Comment

Dropping Stephen Vogt and Johnny Peralta around week 3 in my H2H league. I just knew this was a bad move then. At least with Johnny I was looking for a SS that could steal bases. Vogt was just a disaster of a move.
                        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Spending significant auction cash on Steve Cishek and Victor Martinez in two leagues each. Spending anything on Michael Cuddyer. Not bidding on Alex Rodriguez.
                          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                          -- William James

Comment

Thinking (hoping) that Morse, Laroche and Pearce would combine for at least 60 HR. Drafted these three for a total of $18 or so.
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I could have taken Jurickson Profar (+3 years) with my last pick, but I had to take a RP that did not last til May.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                              X