Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your biggest regret so far this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see, my list is extensive this year:

AL + Brewers/Cubs/Cards, 12-team, 5x5 with OBP and SLG replacing BA and HR: Total pitching trainwreck, with Fiers, Lohse, Norris nuking my ERA and WHIP, and Smyly and Aaron Sanchez getting hurt. Add in VMart and Carlos Gomez at what I thought were good prices, Yadi Molina going completely in the tank, and a deal to get Melky Cabrera at 14, and dumping came very early this year.

All other leagues: Believing in Chris Carter. Thinking Adam LaRoche would see a power bump with the White Sox. And VMart again. Thinking Julio Teheran would make the jump to elite starter instead of elite WHIP raiser.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Thinking (hoping) that Morse, Laroche and Pearce would combine for at least 60 HR. Drafted these three for a total of $18 or so.
      Why do you think i let you have them for that cheap.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Can't choose from one of my NL-only draft debacles, starting with Bailey, Morneau (Carpenter was available), entire middle infield (Gennett, Owings, Simmons, passing on Peralta, Crawford, Panik), Alcantara, both catchers (Salty, Betancourt) and Petit.

Yet, even with my worst draft ever, I'm in second place, thanks to my starting pitchers, including Hamels, deGrom, Arrieta, Zimmermann and B. Anderson (crossing my fingers). Now, if only Papelbon gets dealt, inserting Giles as closer.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Why do you think i let you have them for that cheap.
          And yet I'm still ahead of you
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            And yet I'm still ahead of you
            More teams would be ahead of me if i had those guys.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

as I plan my concession in RJEL... I traded a bunch of very solid keepers for Trout before the season, which I have no regrets with. But then I made a couple other trades to clear room for a bunch of pitchers I liked who admittedly had some warts but were cheap and projected to be solid, and the end result is that of the ten keepers I had going into this season, six of them were Fiers, Greene, Iwakuma, Smyly, McGee, and Doolittle, who have combined to be ungodly horrible and hurt. And I hung around long enough just out of the money to sell off a bit more of my future than I would now have liked, although I think I'll be able to get something back out of it, maybe.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
              X