2K17: Billy Hamilton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mendoza_Line View Post
    What do we think Billy Hmailton will do this year?

I have him at a great price in my keeper, but his AVG killed me.

Wondering if I should be letting him go and trying to cover SBs with other options like Dee Gordon, who now hits for good average and selection of other people.
    I play in NL only. There are 6 players projected at 30 or more sbs. There are 9 more that are projected to steal 20 or more.

In the AL only there are 5 that are projected at 30 or more. There are another 10 that are projected at 20 or more.

You will need to buy 2 or 3 of these guys to get Hamilton's stolen base totals. I doubt you can buy them for what you are paying Hamilton.

Comment

Just wondering where people who have owned Hamilton the last 2 years have finished in their league's in SB and overall?
      Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
        Just wondering where people who have owned Hamilton the last 2 years have finished in their league's in SB and overall?
        15 team mixed league:
        2015 1st place +22
        2014 4th place (-29, -6, -4)
        Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
        Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
          I had my worst fantasy season ever in my main league. He was a culprit, but not the only one:
          14th of 16 teams, finished 7th in SBs (he had 57 of my 120 SBs)

Comment

Our Billy Hamilton owner won the league. He traded him to me when I started rebuilding and he was making the push for first.

He won sbs. and I took second 13 behind him.

It is an NL only 5x5 ultra.
            Last edited by Gregg; 01-22-2016, 01:35 PM. Reason: add NL only 5x5

Comment

our Hamilton owner has finished second overall the last 2 years and won SB both years.

anyway, as much as I have shorted the guy forever, let's give him his due

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/163313...young-reds-fan

seems like a really good dude (granting that is not a category...)
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

12-team mixed. 2nd two years ago (8th in SB; I had Hamilton, Reyes, and a handful of guys with 5-8 SB), 1st last year (1st in SB; had Hamilton, Burns, and a handful of guys with 10-12 SB). I was top-3 in all of the hitting categories except AVG, where I did poorly.

Also note that my league-leading SB total last year would have been good for 5th place in 2014.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Resurrecting this as Hamilton seems to be a post hype guy for 2017. what should we expect and what would you pay for him at the auction?

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                    Resurrecting this as Hamilton seems to be a post hype guy for 2017. what should we expect and what would you pay for him at the auction?
                    Hamilton started taking more walks toward the end of the year with 16 in his last 30 games. If he can continue doing that and hit around .270 he will be a monster. And entering his age 27 season makes that more likely as he now has nearly 400 MLB games of experience to go along with his physical skills. I can see Hamilton going for similar money as Stanton and Bautista at auction. Maybe more. If he stays healthy all year i say .270 ba, 80 sb, 90 runs. His steals alone could win you that category without having to sacrifice power from multiple positions.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I have been bearish on him before, and been vindicated.
                      but I agree he may be turning a corner.

a good "go big or go home" pick. I wouldn't pay top dollar if I had a great freeze list, though. I'd also recommend having a definite valuation for him entering a draft or auction. don't be certain he'll get picked before you think he's worth taking (and don't assume you can pass on him and get him later, either).
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                        I'm almost as bullish as madducks; just not quite with him on the BA. I'd pay for .250-.260, 75 SBs and 80 runs. In a 12-team NL only league, that's got to be worth about $40.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

75 SB feels like the new 100

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                            75 SB feels like the new 100
                            I was thinking more like 130.

I'd take him around 30 in a mixed league draft.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

2015: 454 PAs, 57 steals
                              2016: 460 PAs, 58 steals

That looks like a baseline, I guess.

Last year he had a better BABIP and a slightly higher K rate. Also took a few more walks. Was the BABIP a result of him sort of learning how to hit?

The Reds offense is still bad and still lacks more interesting options.

Comment

Working...
                              X