No announcement yet.

Hacking the Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this were football and the pats had done this, I feel like ESPN would be talking about it everyday. Maybe if evidence that this involved multiple people in the cards org it will get bigger. I wonder what penalties will be handed down when the dust settles.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      If this were football and the pats had done this, I feel like ESPN would be talking about it everyday. Maybe if evidence that this involved multiple people in the cards org it will get bigger. I wonder what penalties will be handed down when the dust settles.
      Like the Patriots, the Cardinals are so loaded with talent i don't think penalties have any effect on them. Even injuries have no effect on them. Maybe MLB should make the St Louis fans wear opposing team colors at the Cardinals home games. That would be a good penalty.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Cardinals scouting director sentenced to four years in jail.

A federal judge sentenced Christopher Correa, the Cardinals' former scouting director, to nearly four years in prison Monday for hacking the Astros' player personnel database and email system.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
          Cardinals scouting director sentenced to four years in jail.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/17...houston-astros
          Wow, 4 years and order to pay nearly 300k in damages. Way stiffer than I would have thought for him as a person. I would have thought the penalties would be baseball related, and affect the team. That is a very stiff penalty for hacking player files.

Comment

Working...
          X