No announcement yet.

Hacking the Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obnoxious fans can be found wherever alcohol is consumed irresponsibly. Excessive alcohol consumption would make even the pope an obnoxious fan.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Obnoxious fans can be found wherever alcohol is consumed irresponsibly. Excessive alcohol consumption would make even the pope an obnoxious fan.
      He's probably a Cardinals fan too.

Comment

Of all the NY teams, Yankee fans are the most obnoxious because of their sense of entitlement. They are not worse than Patriots or Penguins fans, however.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          He's probably a Cardinals fan too.
          nicely played.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
            Of all the NY teams, Yankee fans are the most obnoxious because of their sense of entitlement. They are not worse than Patriots or Penguins fans, however.
            NY Rangers fans have them beat. All the obnoxious entitlement of a Yankee fan without the history to back it up.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Read some accounts of Cardinal fan behavior from the 1940s-1960s!
              Read about it? My family lived it - most of my family is from the area; one set of uncles and great uncles were police officers in the area and worked security for the Cards in that era through the 80s. Back then, they still didn't hold a candle to Philly fans, and nowadays aren't even remotely close to as obnoxious as Red Sox fans, who are the worst, IMO.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

hmmm ... I didn't expect to see a post from KS in this thread ... I wonder if this is the real Kevin Seitzer or if someone has obtained access to his account somehow ...
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    hmmm ... I didn't expect to see a post from KS in this thread ... I wonder if this is the real Kevin Seitzer or if someone has obtained access to his account somehow ...
                    He shouldn't have made his password Poguism.
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                      He shouldn't have made his password Poguism.
                      LOL! That would be very Luhnow-like since, y'know, it would be different from Poguesism.

Comment

lol.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Read about it? My family lived it - most of my family is from the area; one set of uncles and great uncles were police officers in the area and worked security for the Cards in that era through the 80s. Back then, they still didn't hold a candle to Philly fans, and nowadays aren't even remotely close to as obnoxious as Red Sox fans, who are the worst, IMO.
                          I think the point was about how aggressively racist St. Louis fans were after integration. but it is true that historians consider the other remarkably racist city to be Philadelphia. Modern fan debates are about different topics, thankfully.
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            I think the point was about how aggressively racist St. Louis fans were after integration. but it is true that historians consider the other remarkably racist city to be Philadelphia. Modern fan debates are about different topics, thankfully.
                            Philadelphia fans weren't exceptional in their racism. Philiies manager Eddie Sawyer was.
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Jeff Luhnow: “I absolutely know about password hygiene and best practices. I’m certainly aware of how important passwords are, as well as of the importance of keeping them updated."

NY Times article: "Whoever gained access to the Astros' network tried to take some measures used by experienced hackers to disguise their location. But, law enforcement officials said, the intruders were not adept."

“They tried to mask themselves like an experienced hacker and failed,” said a person briefed on the investigation. “It's clear they weren't very good at what they were trying to do.”

Comment

"The Cardinals have fired scouting director Chris Correa for his role in the Cardinals’ breach of the Astros’ proprietary Ground Control computer network, reports Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Lawyers for the Cardinals tell Goold that Correa had already been on an “imposed leave of absence.”

Cardinals GM John Mozeliak, Correa, and Correa’s lawyers all declined to comment, but a source close to the investigation tells Goold that Correa has admitted to illegally accessing Ground Control. Correa, however, has said that his reason for accessing the network was only to attempt to verify that Astros GM Jeff Luhnow had taken%proprietary information from the Cardinals with him to his new post in Houston. According to Goold’s source, Correa did not leak any data to the public and was not responsible for additional entries to the Astros’ network. The FBI is continuing its investigation into other members of the organization, and it seems likely that others are involved, if Correa has been determined to have accessed Ground Control only one time without leaking any of the data."
                                Cardinals scouting director Chris Correa has been fired for his role in the Astros' computer breach. Read more at MLB Trade Rumors.

Comment

Working...
                                X