No announcement yet.

What do do with this team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those guys would easily be drafted before the 19th round but if you get more value out of drafting someone younger in that spot who will be a true dynasty keeper then go with that.

I'd probably rank them Cobb/Trumbo/Arcia/Zunino - Trumbo should rebound a bit but Zunino's chances of ever being anything special seem low right now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Honestly I don't think any of them are keepers after Stras and Giolito. Cobb is the one I feel best about. And he's an injured pitcher.
      I'm pretty much where JC is, though I'd definitely keep Cobb. The other three are roadkill in your league and if you can't get good value for them or their picks, I think you should go for it.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
        So none of them should go before the 19th round? Only keeping 2-3 of them would give me an opportunity for me to grab another young player and with 1st pick I'd have my choice of anyone who wasn't drafted earlier (this year Gallo, Giolito, CoSeager, Buxton, Correa all lasted until the 19th round).
        Maybe someone should take them earlier than the 19th but that doesn't mean you should, or should hold onto them in case someone else would. In a 14-team league where you don't even have a CI, I would probably rather have Brendan Rogers than Trumbo at this point.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, all. I may be undervaluing my 19th pick. This year I kept Arcia at 20 bc I felt 30 HR was a possibility. However, that first pick is gold and I guess unless I have a sure thing, I need to hold onto it.

Last question: I've been getting inquiries on Lester, and they are stuck on him over Shark or Hughes (who seem to have figured things out).

Lester was drafted 2 picks ahead of Shark and they have had identical seasons except for ERA. So, is it worth it to trade Lester to get an 8th round pick (over a 9th or 10th)?

Keepers would be:

1. Gomez
          2. EE
          3. Pedroia
          4. Shark/Hosmer

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

The following are on the table:

Beltre/Ziegler/11/16 for Haren/8/14