Cory Luebke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cory Luebke

Ouch, 6 ER in one IP last night. I've been monitoring him very closely as a potential SP but I would think this will set him back for a good while. 11.37 ERA right now.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

I am not too concerned. He had a bad night and was a strike away from getting out of it. He was good up until this point and this role is unfamiliar to him. He is a way better pitcher than Mosley. Its a matter of time.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

So far this week in my head-to-head league, I've had Felix, Carpenter, Dempster, and Luebke. I thought it couldn't get any worse after Carpenter's start last night. Luebke proved me wrong. Ouch.

I still like Luebke. But it's going to take a while to trust him after that outing, both on my end and probably on the Padres' end, too.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Why are you guys high on Luebke? Just because of the park? Doesn't seem like there's a lot to be encouraged about when I look at his numbers....
        He's got pretty good stuff (especially for a lefty) and he's in Petco. He's certainly got a better pedigree than two or three other starters in the Padres' rotation, in my opinion. I think he just needs reps.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
          He's got pretty good stuff (especially for a lefty) and he's in Petco. He's certainly got a better pedigree than two or three other starters in the Padres' rotation, in my opinion. I think he just needs reps.
          bada-bing!
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I am not sure why Luebke doesn't get more respect. His fastball, slider, changeup are incredible pitches, and he had a 7.5 K/9 overall ratio in the minors. In the 2009 Baseball World Cup Luebke was one of the highlight pitchers for Team USA, throwing a near perfect game against Canada and started in the championship game against Cuba pitching 4.3 innings with 7Ks, leading to a 10-5 win over Cuba. He was the Padres 1st round pick in the 2007 Minors Draft. He was only in Triple A for about six weeks and went 5-1 with a 2.40 ERA and a 0.94 WHIP. Luebke was just called up to the Padres last September, so cut him a break. It's very early in the season to dump on him. Luebke needs a bit more seasoning in the bigs, but will be an excellent mid rotation guy not too far off.

minnehan

Comment

Plus, he is a product of THE Ohio State University!

minnehan

Comment

All his ERs have been a bit of bad luck. His first two, he had the batter seemingly struck out, but didn't get the call, which would have been out #3, then he walks the next guy and the next pitcher in allows both guys to come around and score. same thing last night-- a call that could have gone either way didn't go his. But that's baseball some times. I like him better than Mosely and Stauffer-- stuff wise, he just needs some seasoning. While he might not help your team right now, he eventually will.

The Padres are in one of those 'can't catch a break' modes' right now so all their players are just missing, just foul, just short. Even the calls aren't going their way, the throw to 3rd 2 nights ago was late, but they called the runner out and he would have scored tying the game as the next guy would have brought him in.

I hope they don't over react and send him down. I'll let you know anything if I hear it.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  All his ERs have been a bit of bad luck. His first two, he had the batter seemingly struck out, but didn't get the call, which would have been out #3, then he walks the next guy and the next pitcher in allows both guys to come around and score.
                  And the "base hit" he allowed was a 40 foot dribbler where the batter was lucky to get his bat on the ball that couldn't have been placed better if it was thrown. Total bad luck. Yes I own him, in a league without a bench no less.
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

LOL yeah-- man it's been strange-- the Padres have had all the bad luck, but that should change-- i hope
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                      So far this week in my head-to-head league, I've had Felix, Carpenter, Dempster, and Luebke. I thought it couldn't get any worse after Carpenter's start last night. Luebke proved me wrong. Ouch.
                      I paid good money for that to happen

p.s. Good thing you don't own Wandy or you'd be really pissed.
                      Last edited by fuhrdog; 04-13-2011, 07:37 PM. Reason: Couldn't resist

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                        I paid good money for that to happen

p.s. Good thing you don't own Wandy or you'd be really pissed.
                        In the league I own Wandy I also have Soriano. I checked the box score, first saw Soriano's homer and was excited, then saw how was pitching for Houson, sigh.
                        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I wonder if Luebke is getting any closer to moving into the rotation with Richard nearing 5 era. Is LeBlanc the 6th starter even though his era is ugly at AAA?
                          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I think itll happen this season but I am just not sure when. I own him in multiple keeper leagues so no problem being patient there. In my redraft leagues however.......

Comment

If the Padres are sellers at the break (which they probably will be) Harang will be dealt and Luebke will go into the rotation. Also if there's an injury, he'll go in. LeBlanc might move into Luebke's spot in the pen, but he's not really anything more than a desperation arm for the Padres anymore. Since that game in Cinn. where he gave up 6 runs, he hasn't given up another run in 13+ innings and has a 13/3 K/bb ratio. keep him if you have him, he'll be worth more soon.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X