2K18: "En Fuego" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rhd View Post
    Yeah, and he's tied now w Trout for MLB lead.
    My bad. Nelson Cruz is the leader and he hit his 36th today.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Check this out:

Daren Willman
      ‏@darenw

Chris Davis 9th inning HR last night was the lowest most outside pitch a lefty has ever homered on in PITCHfx era... http://baseballsavant.com/popup/vide...o_id=373115483
      Yeah, it's unbelieveable that went out. To CF, too. That's strength.

Comment

Since Memorial Day, Chris Davis has been performing at his 2013 overall level. And, to think, his ADP was 50 spots behind Longoria's.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Chris Davis has an insane 15 HRs in his last 23 games!
            The other Khris Davis has 9 HRs in his last 16 games!

Comment

Lindor has been on fire lately, and he may just end up being one of those players that surprises folks by being better than expected at the plate. Lindor has brought his BA up to .308, and has been a solid source of power and speed so far. He is no Correa obviously (who is), but in terms of performance vs expectations, he is up there, especially considering how often MIF prospects actually under-perform from expectations at the plate for awhile.

Over the past few years I've traded a ton of MIF prospects to make title runs--Russell, Profar, Odor, and lesser guys like Alcantara, Rosell Herrera, Hanson. Folks always wanted one in any dump deals. The one guy I was able to hold on to, because no one seemed to like him a whole lot was Lindor, because he was supposed to be way more glove than bat. I wish I could claim keeping him was by design, but it wasn't, although I always did think he was as good as Profar with less hype.

Comment

I dont know if anyone has commented this in other threads but Miguel Sano is arguably "quietly" having the best year of any rookie. Kris Bryant and Carlos Correa probably will be the ROYs but Sano's OPS is more than 100 pts higher than either one, It was .972 before today's game in which he OPSed 1.250, so even higher now. Did you see the shot that he hit off the catwalk in St Pete today? The best rookie that practically noone is talking about. Too bad he didnt come up until July.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  I dont know if anyone has commented this in other threads but Miguel Sano is arguably "quietly" having the best year of any rookie. Kris Bryant and Carlos Correa probably will be the ROYs but Sano's OPS is more than 100 pts higher than either one, It was .972 before today's game in which he OPSed 1.250, so even higher now. Did you see the shot that he hit off the catwalk in St Pete today? The best rookie that practically noone is talking about. Too bad he didnt come up until July.
                  Love that Sano is doing as good as he is. I received him in a dump deal and enjoying the numbers. Of course I'm so out of contention it's ridiculous, but I have hopes for next year!
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

rotoworld

"After an absolutely miserable start to his season, Carlos Gonzalez is hitting .299 (75-for-251) with 27 homers and 59 RBI in his last 69 games."
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      rotoworld

"After an absolutely miserable start to his season, Carlos Gonzalez is hitting .299 (75-for-251) with 27 homers and 59 RBI in his last 69 games."
                      Happy to see him healthy. Tulo too. Wish I could say the same about so many other players.

Comment

• Joe Kelly over his last 5 starts:
                        31.7 IP 26 H 22/10 K/BB 3 HR 1.70 ERA 1.14 WHIP 5-0 W/L (also .269 BABIP, before today)

He's actually won all 6 of his August starts.

The rest of the season:
                        88.3 IP 103 H 74/33 K/BB 11 HR 6.11 ERA 1.54 WHIP 3-6 W/L .330 BABIP

K rate actually has gone down. BABIP indicates he has been a bit lucky lately but a bit unlucky before.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                          Joe Kelly over his last 5 starts:
                          31.7 IP 26 H 22/10 K/BB 3 HR 1.70 ERA 1.14 WHIP 5-0 W/L (also .269 BABIP, before today)

He's actually won all 6 of his August starts.

The rest of the season:
                          88.3 IP 103 H 74/33 K/BB 11 HR 6.11 ERA 1.54 WHIP 3-6 W/L .330 BABIP

K rate actually has gone down. BABIP indicates he has been a bit lucky lately but a bit unlucky before.
                          I just picked him up for this last start. Kelly had a similar run during the second half of 2013 when he went 9-2 in his final 12 starts along with a 1.91 era for St Louis. So he is definitely capable of keeping this hot streak going.
                          Last edited by madducks; 08-30-2015, 12:22 AM.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jake Arrieta the last 30 days: including a no-hitter.

42 IP
                            0.43 ERA (2 earned runs)
                            0.69 WHIP
                            6 wins
                            43 K's
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Just when you thought he was done, Justin Verlander is having a resurgence. Last 7 starts:

52.0 IP 33 H 49/8 K/BB 2 HR 1.38 ERA 0.79 WHIP

Has gone only 2-3 during this stretch. And kinda lucky as indicated by a .237 BABIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                                Just when you thought he was done, Justin Verlander is having a resurgence. Last 7 starts:

52.0 IP 33 H 49/8 K/BB 2 HR 1.38 ERA 0.79 WHIP

Has gone only 2-3 during this stretch. And kinda lucky as indicated by a .237 BABIP.
                                Kate Upton must have dumped him.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X