No announcement yet.

2015 Closers Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Fredi said Grilli was available Monday night. He went with Johnson instead. Ive had some really crappy luck with closers this year in a related story.

Comment

• Grilli is old and a bad team. monitor
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        Well Fredi said Grilli was available Monday night. He went with Johnson instead. Ive had some really crappy luck with closers this year in a related story.
        It's only been two days since Grilli had the back spasms. The spasms may be gone, but my experience with them is that the back stiffness lingers for a few days. I'm betting that Grilli couldn't get his back to loosen up. I would look for him to return later in the week.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Cishek implodes again. Ugh.

Comment

• Frackin Cishek just gave up a walk-off 3-run bomb to Van Slyke. Yes he walked one guy and gave upa single before it happened too. Of the Marlins 18 losses, they held the lead in 11 of them (thanks Vin). This shit has got to stop.

ETA: He had Ethier down 1-2 and grooved 2 fastballs right down the middle to him. Then the same thing to Van Slyke - fastball right down the pipe. This guy has forgotten how to pitch.

Comment

• chapman blows a save.

yimi garcia blows a save. jansen back up shortly, none too soon for the dodgers and their faithful.

then the cishek implosion. which really hurts me as i have him in two leagues .
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• MIA says it'll be committee, but I'd imagine unless there's a situation with some obvious splits that favor one closer over another, Ramos would get first crack.
                12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                1B-Cron
                2B- Villar
                SS- Andrus
                3B-Baez
                MI-L. Gurriel
                CI- Y.Gurriel
                OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                UTIL- Benintendi
                BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                IL: Buxton

Comment

• From RotoWorld:

Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that the Marlins have expressed interest in free agent reliever Rafael Soriano.
                  Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald confirms the report, but adds that nothing is close. It's noteworthy given Steve Cishek's struggles, but Frisaro writes that whether a deal gets done will depend on whether the Marlins believe Soriano is the right choice at closer for the price. The 35-year-old posted a 3.19 ERA, 32 saves, and a 59/19 K/BB ratio over 62 innings last season, but struggled miserably during the second half. The Marlins plan to mix and match at closer right now, with A.J. Ramos, Bryan Morris, and Mike Dunn among the likely candidates, but Frisaro speculates that Tom Koehler could also be an option once Henderson Alvarez comes off the disabled list. Stay tuned.
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    Frackin Cishek just gave up a walk-off 3-run bomb to Van Slyke. Yes he walked one guy and gave upa single before it happened too. Of the Marlins 18 losses, they held the lead in 11 of them (thanks Vin). This shit has got to stop.

ETA: He had Ethier down 1-2 and grooved 2 fastballs right down the middle to him. Then the same thing to Van Slyke - fastball right down the pipe. This guy has forgotten how to pitch.
                    for what it's worth, Fangraphs described them as hanging sliders: http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/bul...y-may-11-2015/

but yeah, ugly stuff.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• His slider had pretty much no movement yesterday. Haven't seen him pitch much but based on yesterday it's no wonder he's been terrible this year.

Comment

• Soriano? Jesus. #ReTread
                        12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                        1B-Cron
                        2B- Villar
                        SS- Andrus
                        3B-Baez
                        MI-L. Gurriel
                        CI- Y.Gurriel
                        OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                        UTIL- Benintendi
                        BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                        SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                        RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                        IL: Buxton

Comment

• Marlins score 3 in top of 7th for a 5-4 lead
                          Morris a scoreless 7th
                          Dunn a scoreless 8th
                          Ramos on in 9th

Rollins caught looking
                          Grandal goes down swinging
                          Ethier flies out

1-2-3 - kids, POUNCE
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            Marlins score 3 in top of 7th for a 5-4 lead
                            Morris a scoreless 7th
                            Dunn a scoreless 8th
                            Ramos on in 9th

Rollins caught looking
                            Grandal goes down swinging
                            Ethier flies out

1-2-3 - kids, POUNCE
                            Too late. Ramos has been on a roster since the auction in our AL only.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Must be a really deep league for an NL reliever to have been taken in an AL only auction

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                Yeah, I think the pounce time was about two weeks ago. He too was drafted in the auction my NL only league. Someone actually traded for him in the off season (a salary of about $5 and I think he was going ) but then he wasn't kept. He was then drafted for $3.
                                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X