No announcement yet.

DeGrom or Carrasco for Felix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I waited the Degrom owner out, and he eventually tossed in Sean Newcomb, so I pulled the trigger. I already am nervous about the move--I really hope I land Scherzer. But if I do, even if I have to pay a premium, I like the move for me. DeGrom seems legit, and Newcomb will be a nice trade chip in season.

Comment

Just to update, Scherzer ended up going for $114 as one of the first nominations. It edd up being more than Miggy and, by a good margin, the highest price of the day. I stopped at $113, and immediately regretted trading Felix who was $44 less. Then, despite my plan to spend whatever it took to land one of the remaining top 5 players, the all went for crazy amounts. By about 20 nominations in I hadn't spent anything and had the most money. I was worried.

But then the values started happening. I ended up landing Kennedy, Sanchez, Smyly, Tillman, and Daniel Murphy to fill a MIF hole all combined for less than what Scherzer went for. So while I didn't end up with the ace I wanted, I ended up with a very deep staff and a very well rounded team, while the owner who landed max also left the auction with an infield featuring Lind, Morales, and Mcgee as his corners, and Panik, Cozart and Peralta as his MIFers. This is a 14 team mixed league. Our rosters go 30 deep, and he does have two good catchers and a good OF, but that is a horrible infield in a league this size, and his pitching is strong but he has no depth there or anywhere. And he is a conference rival. So, I'm pretty happy I didnt end up with Max in the end.
      Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-31-2015, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Unless his OFs are all studs, I imagine Scherzer will be available in trade talks by Memorial Day.

(Is it just me, or is Lind being undervalued in a number of leagues?)
        2021 Auction Anatomy
        2021 Keeper Decisions
        2020 Auction Anatomy
        2020 Pre-Auction
        2015 Auction Anatomy
        2014 Auction Anatomy
        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
          Unless his OFs are all studs, I imagine Scherzer will be available in trade talks by Memorial Day.

(Is it just me, or is Lind being undervalued in a number of leagues?)
          Lol. I think you may be right. Maybe I'll end up with Max in the long run .

Lind is the new Overbay. Unsexy, undervalued, and solid. Actually, maybe that is unfair. Lind has power upside in a market with little power, so he should be more desired than Overbay was.

Comment

Working...
          X