Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Ramirez Retires

Ooffahhh

MLB said he may have been in violation of another drug use policy. Manny just decided to hang 'em up.

C'mon, you had to know he wouldn't play for $2m......

Comment

I just heard it on the Yankees/Red Sox game.

MLB contacted him WRT the banned substance policy and he in turn retired.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
        I just heard it on the Yankees/Red Sox game.

MLB contacted him WRT the banned substance policy and he in turn retired.
        Fair to say he is now sitting in the do not enter seat for the HOF?

Comment

who benefits from this? Does Fuld now get a full time gig?
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Good riddance

Call up Jennings, let Damon DH

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
              Fair to say he is now sitting in the do not enter seat for the HOF?
              You know, I think that's a tough call, despite what now may be his 2nd infraction. Manny, like Bonds and ARod, were HOF talents before steroids. Guys like Palmeiro and McGwire likely became HOF talents because of steroids.

If I had a vote, I'd still vote for Manny for the Hall.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                who benefits from this? Does Fuld now get a full time gig?
                No..Fuld is not full-time material. Jennings or Chirinos will be promoted

Comment

That sound of a million pick axes collectively hammering against a million rocks? That's the sound of a million fantasy owners hoping to strike waiver gold with Desmond Jennings as we speak. Or something like that. Stupid metaphor. Whatever. Still, if Jennings is on your WW, might be worth a grab. Thoughts?
                  12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                  1B-Cron
                  2B- Villar
                  SS- Andrus
                  3B-Baez
                  MI-L. Gurriel
                  CI- Y.Gurriel
                  OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                  UTIL- Benintendi
                  BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                  SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                  RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                  IL: Buxton

Comment

I cant help but think the Rays would like Jennings to have a little success at AAA this year before calling him up. Is he healthy yet? Whatever was wrong last year totally took his below average power away. That and maybe wait a few weeks to save some money?
                    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, Manny Ramirez failed a drug test during spring training.
                      He was notified about one week ago and decided to retire rather than appeal. Ramirez would have faced a 100-game suspension for a second positive test, so the Rays wouldn't have had him back until much later in the summer. For what it's worth, Ramirez probably just kissed any chance of the Hall of Fame goodbye. It will be interesting to see where the Rays go from here, as they could call up Desmond Jennings and move Johnny Damon to designated hitter. Jennings is certainly someone to watch in mixed leagues. Matt Joyce and Sam Fuld figure to benefit in the short-term.
                      Source: Joel Sherman on Twitter
                      Apr 8, 4:47 PM

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                        Good riddance

Call up Jennings, let Damon DH
                        -I would go for that - owned Manny but also had Jennings as my first reserve pick

Comment

goddamncheapassorg calls up Casey Krotchman

Comment

goddamncheapass.org calls up Casey Krotchman
                            Fixed
                            Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

goddamncheapassorg calls up Casey Krotchman
                              I think I might do the same thing until Jennings forced his way up. In the meantime, the Rays potentially save a lot of $$.
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                              X