No announcement yet.

2K15 Free Agent League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I offered Grilli for Donaldson. I tried to sell him on the fact that he was set at third with ARod. He rejected it so I sent out a league message offering Grilli/Soria as part of a package for an impact bat. I will take anything that's an upgrade.

2 weeks ago I had no closers. Now I have 2. Funny how that goes. Every. Year.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I'm currently in second place. Just 3 points out of first. I'm running out 6 closers right now. Davis, Familia, Boxburger, Cishek, Ottavino, and Soria.

I'm riding them for all the saves I can get, then I'll deal them later.

Comment

Damn... 2nd place already. That's crazy impressive.

Just traded Bryant. Hopefully it doesn't get vetoed.

I give: Bryant, Souza, Grilli
        I get: Jose Abreu, David Price, Rusney Castillio

Fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by Silentmist View Post
          I'm currently in second place. Just 3 points out of first. I'm running out 6 closers right now. Davis, Familia, Boxburger, Cishek, Ottavino, and Soria.

I'm riding them for all the saves I can get, then I'll deal them later.
          thats cool - who is your team?

Comment

I got a bite on Grilli/Soria.

He had Votto/Duda/IDavis so I offered Greene/Grilli for Votto, noting that he had 3 1B and was getting a pitcher who was going to have a big year. He accepted! That's how it's done, boys.
            Last edited by virgonomic; 04-24-2015, 05:51 PM.

Comment

I grabbed Smyly as a DL stash last week and noticed a couple days ago that he was scheduled to start tonight. Check to see if he's available!

Comment

You guys got lucky that Bryant was available in your league, he was drafted in my league. I guess there is at least one guy that knows what he's doing. Smyly not available.

I'm currently only 18 points back but that's good for 9th place. I think I have a solid team at the moment.

C - Grandal
                1B - Lind, Trumbo
                2B - Odor, Rendon
                SS - Bogaerts, Hardy
                3B - Prado, Wright, Y Tomas
                OF - A Garcia, Souza, Myers, Pollack

SP - Odorizzi, Miller, Salazar, Quintana, C Martinez, Bradley, Ryu
                RP - Ottavino, Castro, Boxberger, McGee

I should be in pretty good shape when Wright and Rendon come back. Odor has been pretty bad and I've been putting Prado at 2B when I see that Tomas is playing but he hasn't been too good either. I'm close to dropping him but I'll be patient for now. I just dropped Garza for McGee so at least I'll be covered for Boxberger when McGee returns. But I now have three bench spots with DL guys. But I think these are guys I should hang on to. Though maybe Hardy could be dropped.

Moss and Werth are available and Chris Carter was just dropped. Moss had two homers tonight. I wonder if he or Werth are worth picking up.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                  thats cool - who is your team?
                  I'm 8 points out of first. Currently (and changing daily) my team is...

Vogt
                  Butler
                  LeMahieu ( I made the mistake of dropping Travis two weeks ago)
                  A-Rod
                  Brad Miller
                  Souza
                  Granderson
                  Myers
                  Morales
                  LaRoche

Carlos Martinez, Greene, Quintana, Hutchinson, Familia, Cishek, Ottavino, Davis, Boxburger
                  Nelson, Rodon, Bailey to rotate in. Leonys Martin is my sole offensive bench.

And... someone just dropped Yelich. I'll try to snag him for my DL spot.

Comment

I'd grab Werth in a heart beat.

Comment

A team in my league dropped Springer for Pagan. He also has Canha. I have the 10th waiver and hope the league is sleeping.

Comment

Would you guys drop Tomas for Semien?

I grabbed Werth for Odor and now Tomas is my starting 3Bmen until Wright comes back or if I pick up Semien.
                        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                          Would you guys drop Tomas for Semien?

I grabbed Werth for Odor and now Tomas is my starting 3Bmen until Wright comes back or if I pick up Semien.
                          I would.

Comment

Bryant deal actually went through! And I finally used my waiver claim - I was up to #4 overall and found someone worthy of it. At least I hope so. So, welcome to the team, Big Papi!

Currently riding Watson until an interesting SP comes along. Melancon is on the wire too but I watched him this weekend and he looked awful. Here's the current team, unfortunately still in 9th place. Leading in saves, but other than a 9 in steals, I don't have any categories higher than a 5.

C Grandal
                            1B Ortiz
                            2B D Murphy (just picked up - he adjusted his stance over the weekend)
                            3B P Alvarez
                            SS Segura
                            OF W Myers, Avisail, Melky
                            UT J Abreu, A Lind
                            BN R Castillo, M Semien

SP D Price, Smyly, C Martinez, Hammel, H Bailey, Hutchinson (another tough matchup @BOS this week)
                            RP Rodney, Watson, W Davis, Boxberger, M Castro

Most interesting FAs: Heyward, Marisnick, Ozuna, Belt, Choo, Revere, Morneau, Span, W Flores

Comment

The numbers will come around with that offense, other than BA. Nice job so far!
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                                Bryant deal actually went through! And I finally used my waiver claim - I was up to #4 overall and found someone worthy of it. At least I hope so. So, welcome to the team, Big Papi!

Currently riding Watson until an interesting SP comes along. Melancon is on the wire too but I watched him this weekend and he looked awful. Here's the current team, unfortunately still in 9th place. Leading in saves, but other than a 9 in steals, I don't have any categories higher than a 5.

C Grandal
                                1B Ortiz
                                2B D Murphy (just picked up - he adjusted his stance over the weekend)
                                3B P Alvarez
                                SS Segura
                                OF W Myers, Avisail, Melky
                                UT J Abreu, A Lind
                                BN R Castillo, M Semien

SP D Price, Smyly, C Martinez, Hammel, H Bailey, Hutchinson (another tough matchup @BOS this week)
                                RP Rodney, Watson, W Davis, Boxberger, M Castro

Most interesting FAs: Heyward, Marisnick, Ozuna, Belt, Choo, Revere, Morneau, Span, W Flores
                                Abreu? HOW?

Comment

Working...
                                X