No announcement yet.

2K15 Free Agent League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dump Beltran for C-Mart. It hurts me to say because he's one of my favorite players ever, but that skill set is easily replaceable on the wire. I keep Grandal over Norris for now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Dump Beltran for C-Mart. It hurts me to say because he's one of my favorite players ever, but that skill set is easily replaceable on the wire. I keep Grandal over Norris for now.
      Thanks. That's exactly who I was thinking about dropping.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Rusney Castillo is available. Should I drop Joyce/Pompey/Eaton/Peralta for him? I was thinking about dropping David Peralta. He was a good story last year but he made the big leagues at age 26 without a stop in AAA. And Castillo has to be up soon, doesn't he?

Comment

well, i just dumped my roster and am waiting for my waivers to run at 0400 tomorrow morning. it's only a 10 team league, so there's good options left on the table. i went and looked at the draft for a minute and laughed as i had the #1 overall pick and i can only imagine what they thought when i picked Patrick McCoy @ #1.

Comment

well, all my adds are done. i only missed out on one guy, although he was somebody who was less than replaceable with what's left. i was 10 on waiver order and missed out on Neftali Feliz. the league is a daily and it appears that the only limit is 200 starts on the season. so i may go w/ a lot of relievers and stream starters until i start to find some guys who are solid at SP.

my roster looks like this currently.

C Yasmani Grandal, LAD C, 1B
            1B Brandon Belt, SF 1B
            2B Arismendy Alcantara, ChC 2B, OF
            3B Alex Rodriguez, NYY 3B
            SS Andrelton Simmons, Atl SS
            2B/SS Marcus Semien, Oak 3B, 2B
            1B/3B Mike Napoli, Bos 1B
            OF Adam Eaton, CWS OF
            OF Carl Crawford, LAD OF
            OF Dalton Pompey, Tor OF
            OF Marlon Byrd, Cin OF
            OF Desmond Jennings, TB OF
            UTIL Micah Johnson, CWS 2B [Recent News]

Bench Dexter Fowler, ChC OF
            Bench Alexi Amarista, SD OF, 2B, 3B, SS
            Bench Ryan Howard, Phi 1B

PITCHERS
            P Santiago Casilla, SF RP
            P Brad Boxberger, TB RP
            P Edward Mujica, Bos RP
            P Chris Tillman, Bal SP
            P James Paxton, Sea SP
            P John Lackey, StL SP
            P Shelby Miller, Atl SP
            P T.J. House, Cle SP
            P Jake Peavy, SF SP

i'll be dropping Howard and getting Archie Bradley. Hawkins is available as is Addison Reed and Bret Cecil.

i'm also debating Khris Davis and Mike Zunino at this point.

Comment

I didn't play last year because I was that pissed about Cruz, Cabrera, Rodriguez being suspended the previous year. I had on my team, lol. I've seen you guys do this before, I figured, why not look at it like being surprised with the players you have instead of being disappointed. 12 team H2H yahoo public.

C- Mike Zunino, Stephen Vogt
              1B- C.J. Cron
              2B- Micah Johnson, Brandon Phillips
              SS- Jed Lowrie , Odubel Herrera
              3B- Álex Rodríguez, Lonnie Chisenhall
              OF- Carl Crawford, Desmond Jennings, Nori Aoki, Denard Span, Austin Jackson, Josh Hamilton
              UTL
              UTL

SP- Jesse Hahn, Archie Bradley, Kendall Graveman, Clay Buchholz, Josh Collmenter, Nathan Eovaldi, Yovani Gallardo
              RP- Jason Grilli, Joakim Soria

the thing I like about H2H is you not only have to predict your players, but you have to predict your opponents will do too. and what the other manager will do. there's a lot of chances to sit players when you think you've got a category. but then im not on your level eitherotherwise i'd say it's near impossible to pull this off in roto? but then you guys are good.

I basically made this team based on your guys teams and watching the hottest trends list. sadly most of the guys were already gone for me drafting this late. my first waiver pick was Zunino, Johnson, Crawford, Jennings, Bradley, Graveman. the only other guy picking up waivers got Khris Davis, Morse, Pomeranz, Holland, Granderson.

I went with the default losing strategy of going for runs and steals and hoping to get lucky with BA, and really lucky with HR's and RBI's. so the best I can hope to do on a winning week is win 7-3. since I have no closers yet. this isn't actually a bad strategy because you can't predict everything so if you can lock up a few categories. yets runs can be scored buy power guys from hitting HR's and even doubles and they get driven in. so my best category could easily turn into a dumpster fire. but I also figure, why rely on one guy for steals who will steal 7 SB's in one week when I can multiple guys hopefully stealing one.

I wanted Morse, Pomeranz, Granderson tho. so I messed up. no one was looking at the hot list. I did know tho. yahoo has a funny waiver glitch. right before waivers goes thru, you can tell if a player is being bid on since any player not will hit FA at 4am before the waivers starts. I picked up Hahn in FA before waivers started lol. which is always suspicious to see someone making a FA move before the very first waivers starts, lol. they probably think im an admin or something now. Pomeranz is weird, in COL he pitches great until a man gets on base. at least up 2013 he did. then again COL will do that to you. and that's a hard stat to figure out. of course going from COL to OAK..i wanted Morse too, I was so high on him in SEA. but then the guy can't even stay healthy playing DH. that said I think he does get beaned a lot. and Granderson, the HR's stats did show it, but he should hit the same amount of HR's no matter what the park. I can't help but stand by last years assessment. I guess we'll see for sure this year. Kris Davis looks good. young guys have lower OBP than SLG. then the stats meet up as they get older. nothing wrong with him.

what im torn about is, im gonna have to play lefty righty, home and away matchups with my hitters to maximize the stats. but then I need pitchers. it's the better category to control. I can't be jogging guys out for two starts in a week and expected them not to get blown up on Monday. if your gonna win pitching ratios you gotto know when to sit guys.

so wtf do I have Gallardo? just for the two week start vs @OAK and HOU. it's such a bad idea. im not sure he's ever pitcher a good game in the American league. not this spring. and I never pitch guys on Monday. it's all about the umpires. it's the west coast, it's 10pm on the east coast which is where a lot of your population is. nobody cares about Monday night baseball. so they shrink their strike zone. they don't want pitchers wasting time on the mound. but then it results on more runners on base and runs being scored. the umpires want to keep a close game and get the fans home on time safely so they can see each other again come the weekend. Monday night, it's a disaster for pitchers. I think if you look back you'll see the majority of the 1/3rd of an inning and 9 runs scored happen on Monday night.

that said the weekend is gold. the umpires have all the time in the world to let everyone form their routine. from pitchers to pitching up dirt and thinking, to batters digging in. and then if you know layout of the stadium and the time of the game, and the way the shadows creep over the field, you've got yourself a good pitching performance.

but none of this matters in the first week. because you won't beat the stud pitchers ratios. they just perform the first week.

I don't think I can play Gallardo even tho OAK looks weak hitting and even tho he's in OAK too, and even tho HOU is supposedly HOU. I can't stand getting bombed on Monday. even tho I do get bombed on Monday hehe. I am starting Clay Buchholz tho. it's my understanding that when he's healthy he's a top guy. you just have to know when he's injured. like a hitter that never hits doubles and is hiding an injury.

waiting to pickup Lind and Ryu on waivers. I a moderate Ryu fan. he pitched good his first year in a new league. that's a good benchmark.

also about having Aoki, the manager said he would hit leadoff vs righties then whatever vs lefties. but then I look at his splits the past two seasons and I think, but he can hit lefties? so I don't get that. so im calling that out. maybe.

lastly the one guy I picked up that I totally research myself was Odubel Herrera. a starting Cf with 2B and SS eligibility. is he better than Owings? that's like Marques Colston having TE eligibility. but im just looking for SB's

Comment

I tried to draft all low ranked guys with funny names. Max Fried, Taylor Teagarden, Stephen Piscotty, Randy Messenger, Cory Spangenberg, Schwarber, Forrest Wall. I had high hopes for Forrest Wall thinking he'd grow in my OF.

but in the end I really had to convince the other ppl drafting there that I wasn't a troll and wasn't affecting them. eventually one of the guys was like ok, lets see how this guys does. I think it clicked for them when I said I was an expansion team.

Comment

C Yasmani Grandal LAD
                  1B Mark Trumbo Ari, Adam Lind Mil
                  2B Martín Prado Mia, Rougned Odor Tex
                  SS Jordy Mercer Pit, J.J. Hardy Bal (DL)
                  3B David Wright NYM
                  OF A.J. Pollock Ari, Adam Eaton CWS, Avisail García CWS, Oswaldo Arcia Min, Wil Myers SD

SP - Bud Norris Bal, José Quintana CWS, Matt Cain SF, Matt Garza Mil, Shelby Miller Atl, Carlos Martínez StL, Hyun-jin Ryu LAD (DL)
                  RP - Brad Boxberger TB, Brett Cecil Tor, Jason Grilli Atl, LaTroy Hawkins Col, Sergio Romo SF

Would you drop one of these outfielders for Rios? Or anyone else? I'm concerned I already have too many outfielders so I think it would have to be an outfielder to drop if I make a move.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I'm not super high on Rios. I wouldn't take him over any of those guys and I think I'd hang onto your pitchers.

Comment

I'd cut Myers for Rios.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

dropped Alexi Amarista for Herrera (Phi) and dropped Howard for Cecil. time to see how this thing shakes out.

Comment

Jay Bruce
                          Xander Bogaerts
                          Jake Odorizzi
                          Masahiro Tanaka

All dropped in my league. I love the first week of baseball. Of course I'm last in waiver priority.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Jansen was a FA until today in my league. I don't know how he flew under the radar. It would be worth checking to make sure he's owned in your league. He's a great DL stash.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I was offered Rendon for Grilli. Seems like a no brainer. When is Rendon due back? I have Boxberger and Castro/Cecil with Ottavino (someone grabbed Betancourt) as my other save options.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I'd do that all day. I'm seriously scared about Rendon, but even if it takes another 6-8 weeks, closers are the most expendable thing you can find

Comment

Working...
                                X