NEW cbs for 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While we're on the topic...

I have an owner leaving in a league for which I serve as commish. We are looking for a replacement, but in the meantime, I would like to clear the old owner's info out so he doesn't get emails and chatter. I can change the team name easily enough, and I can delete the team completely (which I don't want to do, obviously), but I can't figure out how to keep the team, but lose the owner. Anyone know how to do this?

Comment

when i had to do that a couple of years ago, i just transferred it to an alternative email address of my own (used my gmail).
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
        While we're on the topic...

I have an owner leaving in a league for which I serve as commish. We are looking for a replacement, but in the meantime, I would like to clear the old owner's info out so he doesn't get emails and chatter. I can change the team name easily enough, and I can delete the team completely (which I don't want to do, obviously), but I can't figure out how to keep the team, but lose the owner. Anyone know how to do this?
        Commish Tools/Update Team Owners/Manage Owners then add an owner to the team. Like Bryanbutler said, add yourself for now, and then delete the other guy. Then do this again when the new owner arrives and delete yourself.

Comment

The new owner doesn't have to be a real person or name or have an email address. Vacant will suffice.

Comment

Thanks guys. I got it to work. That always seemed like such a counter-intuitive way to do that somewhat common task.

Comment

They each can vote. If there are co owners of a team the polls cannot be trusted. You have to make sure that only one of the owners votes or if they voted discount the poll accordingly.

Comment

I'm in five leagues, all on CBS, and as I try to fumble through the most menial of tasks, the thought strikes me that maybe this would be a good time to quit fantasy baseball altogether.

So, how do I drop a player? I can't drag them into some drop bin. When I go to Add/Drop at the top, I get to some strange stat/trade screen that still doesn't give me an obvious place from which to drop a player. Ugh.

Comment

So, how do I drop a player? I can't drag them into some drop bin. When I go to Add/Drop at the top, I get to some strange stat/trade screen that still doesn't give me an obvious place from which to drop a player. Ugh.
                  go to your roster and click on the player. in the dialog window that pops up, look on the right-hand side, in the middle. there's a blue button that says 'Drop.' click it.
                  "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                    go to your roster and click on the player. in the dialog window that pops up, look on the right-hand side, in the middle. there's a blue button that says 'Drop.' click it.
                    Thanks! I'm in for a long season, aren't I?

Comment

Thanks! I'm in for a long season, aren't I?
                      No, I don't think so...the more I use it, the more it becomes a little smarter than I thought originally. It's just such a dramatic change after all those years that it looks like a totally different beast...if I can get it, you certainly can.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                      X