NEW cbs for 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW cbs for 2015

I haven't gone through looking yet but this was their prominent promotion...

Talk Trash Everywhere

We've added even more ways to engage in "friendly" banter with your fellow team owners. Now chat live both on desktop and from your mobile device. Plus, get notifications when you receive a message so you can reply with smack down in real time

Seems like they are pushing for the kids. Anyhow, at least, for a change, they didn't bring out the 'new' version April 1.

I don't like it. Hope it's just because it's new, but it's all too cluttered and harder to find what I want. It's similar to their football product and it never really grew on me this past season.

If they made loading rosters easier, then it's worth it. They claim they did, but then they say, paraphrasing, "With just three clicks you can add a player to a roster." That doesn't sound quick and easy, or quicker and easier than what they had.

If they added a useful FAAB system, I wouldn't give damn what it looks like.
    Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

I really don't like how with each new iteration of CBS I see less and less of my roster on the screen at one time. Pretty soon scrolling down my roster will look like my Rotowire MLB Update feed.

Comment

Exactly. They seem to put more and more emphasis on all the wrong stuff. Bigger, high gloss player photos? Give me a break.
        Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Comment

CBS is no different than any other internet business... they go in and move buttons around and make a few basic changes to give themselves a "new look" to prove they are on the cutting edge to justify a price increase.

Comment

what i *really* wanted out of CBS was an improved chat. like, say, facebook. yeah, that's what i *really* wanted.
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I don't like it visually and most of all miss the player comments. Negative change it seems at least initially

Comment

Anyone look around at alternatives? After many, many years, we pulled the plug on CBS last year and went to espn for free. While it was not as good as CBS, we were not disappointed. A checkpoint this offseason and no one voted to go back to the slightly better but more expensive CBS.

Comment

Any commishes using CBS? I can no longer figure out how to conduct a trade between two teams, neither of which are mine. Any help would be appreciated.

I can't even find a link to Help, which isn't that big of deal, "Help" never really was.

Loving the "improvements".

ETA: Never mind, I found the commish page. One of the problems is a lot of the icons aren't showing up properly, and I've tried Chrome, IE, and Firefox.
                  Last edited by TopChuckie; 01-29-2015, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
                    Anyone look around at alternatives? After many, many years, we pulled the plug on CBS last year and went to espn for free. While it was not as good as CBS, we were not disappointed. A checkpoint this offseason and no one voted to go back to the slightly better but more expensive CBS.
                    Does ESPN have a contract field? That's been the deal breaker for us and I assume all keeper leagues.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

CBS keeps allocating money for site upgrades and that is how they continue to stay on top. It's not perfect but at least the keep trying to improve the site. I personally like the new look and feel...at minimum it's growing on me.

Comment

I don't have any issues with the new "improvements" considering they made all of these changes last fall, for their football leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Does ESPN have a contract field? That's been the deal breaker for us and I assume all keeper leagues.
                          We are not a keeper league, so I do not know the answer to this.

Comment

Their timing is killing me. I usually use the league message board to send messages to owner's emails and we're in the middle of determining a draft date and now I can't be sure anything is going to those emails. Do you know if the new league chat feature goes to email like before?

Comment

I know one thing, there is no way to currently search a specific player.

Comment

Working...
                              X