No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Padres really need to do something about this OF logjam. When Franchy and Myers come back it'll be even worse. Margot is most likely the future in CF but they only play him maybe 60% of the time - how's he supposed to get in a groove?

Comment

• sell Mortimer sell!!!
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        The Padres really need to do something about this OF logjam. When Franchy and Myers come back it'll be even worse. Margot is most likely the future in CF but they only play him maybe 60% of the time - how's he supposed to get in a groove?
        Hard to bump Jankowski the way he is playing

Comment

• Originally posted by FBP View Post
          Hard to bump Jankowski the way he is playing
          Yeah, it's difficult to find a better leadoff guy than one who is hitting over .300 with plus speed.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Franchy Cordero has bone spurs in his elbow and is mulling surgery that would KO him a couple of months.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Franchy Cordero has bone spurs in his elbow and is mulling surgery that would KO him a couple of months.
              I saw something this morning that suggested he may be done for the season

Comment

• buhbye Franmil, hello Will.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• I way overspent on Myers given the injury concern with which he started the season, so am just hoping at this point to get the best possible return over the remainder of the year from my second most expensive draft day hitter.

Comment

Franchy Cordero has bone spurs in his elbow and is mulling surgery that would KO him a couple of months.
                    Placed on the 60 day DL.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                      I way overspent on Myers given the injury concern with which he started the season, so am just hoping at this point to get the best possible return over the remainder of the year from my second most expensive draft day hitter.
                      guy in my league wasn't going to keep Strasburg for 38 anyway, so when offered a 25-unit Myers in March, he couldn't resist. problem was, adding Myers meant he had to cut an expected keeper. he chose to dump Jose Martinez 10 (ouch!)

to make things worse, the other guy kept Strasburg and his team was in 10th place. so he traded Strasburg to reload for 2019 with prospect Meadows and more - a week before Strasburg got hurt. Meadows immediately started raking, and the "I gave up" team is in 3rd place. the Myers-owning team is in 5th.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• First thing on my 2019 checklist: don’t draft any Padres. It’s amazing, but Eric Hosmer LEADS the team with a .316 OBP. Franmil Reyes has 13 HRs.....and 19 RBIs. Manny Margot has 10 SBs.....and 9 CS. And on. And on and on.

Comment

First thing on my 2019 checklist: don’t draft any Padres. It’s amazing, but Eric Hosmer LEADS the team with a .316 OBP. Franmil Reyes has 13 HRs.....and 19 RBIs. Manny Margot has 10 SBs.....and 9 CS. And on. And on and on.
                          As I said earlier in this thread, this organization doesn't seem to know how to either evaluate talent or get those talented players to actually perform decently. Although Renfroe has been decent (so watch him now go 0-25).
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            As I said earlier in this thread, this organization doesn't seem to know how to either evaluate talent or get those talented players to actually perform decently. Although Renfroe has been decent (so watch him now go 0-25).
                            Renfroe has been decent -- too bad they let their only real power threat languish in the minors for a month and a half.

Comment

First thing on my 2019 checklist: don’t draft any Padres. It’s amazing, but Eric Hosmer LEADS the team with a .316 OBP. Franmil Reyes has 13 HRs.....and 19 RBIs. Manny Margot has 10 SBs.....and 9 CS. And on. And on and on.
                              I will be keeping my $1 Franchy Cordero and $3 Kirby Yates in my NL only 5x5.

Probably not my $15 Margot (acquired in a late season trade).

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                I will be keeping my $1 Franchy Cordero and $3 Kirby Yates in my NL only 5x5.

Probably not my $15 Margot (acquired in a late season trade).
                                For $1 Franchy is fine, but the Padres OF is crowded: Myers, Margot, Jankowski, Franmil, Renfroe, Franchy.....Preller will have to make more stupid trades to clear the logjam

Comment

Working...
                                X