2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
    Sounds like it wasn't really a bad outing. He came in with runners on 1st and 3rd with 1 out. He struck out Aybar. Then they intentionally walked Trout to load the bases. He broke Pujols' bat, which resulted in a little bleeder that found its way through a hole into left field. That's just bad luck. The guy has struck out 24 in just 16 innings. He's given up 17 hits which seems like an anomaly. If someone in your leagues is selling low, I'd be buying.
    I would respectfully disagree about your description of the Pujols hit...yes, his bat was broken, but it wasn't a bleeder, it was a pretty solid liner between SS and 3rd.

I agree with your idea of buying low...but I would make sure that I wasn't paying more than about 70 cents on the dollar...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      I would respectfully disagree about your description of the Pujols hit...yes, his bat was broken, but it wasn't a bleeder, it was a pretty solid liner between SS and 3rd.
      Ahhhh, good to know. I was just relaying it as I *read* it. News articles led me to believe it was a "seeing eye" type of hit by saying it was a broken bat and "it found its way into leftfield."

Comment

• Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
        Ahhhh, good to know. I was just relaying it as I *read* it. News articles led me to believe it was a "seeing eye" type of hit by saying it was a broken bat and "it found its way into leftfield."
        I looked at it on MLB.com, but I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to post the video. Best I can do is post the link...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• what I got from watching that is that if Trout was ready he could have obliterated his 3-0 pitch. That was only a couple inches out of the strike zone.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            So what's up with Kimbrel? He came in again last night and blew it...granted it was a tough situation, but he's Craig Kimbrel! Is he losing velocity, control, command, what is it? Is he finally a buy low candidate, or is he going to join that pantheon of closers who have some great years and then start to flame out?
            Not losing velocity. he touched 99 a few times last night

Comment

• I'm not a SD fan but I was really rooting for them to make the playoffs after their awesome off-season. 9 NL teams (including ATL and ARI) currently have a better record than them. That makes me a little sad knowing that the deck is stacked against them.

Comment

• Wil Venable is dare I say, en fuego.

Comment

• Despaigne seems to have gotten back to his good ways. Ride him for the next 3 starts, then wait for another implosion.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Despaigne seems to have gotten back to his good ways. Ride him for the next 3 starts, then wait for another implosion.
                    Decided to stick with him and was happy to see a quality outing. Some run support would've been nice though

Comment

• Posted this on facebook last week, but just wanted to reiterate that, a little more than a quarter in to the season, I only have one less homerun than Matt Kemp!!!

(although he did get a Huge clutch hit last night)

Comment

• Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                        Posted this on facebook last week, but just wanted to reiterate that, a little more than a quarter in to the season, I only have one less homerun than Matt Kemp!!!

(although he did get a Huge clutch hit last night)
                        That's good stuff...

Prior to my NL only auction, I decided not to keep a 39 dollar Kemp in favor of a 1 buck Alex Guerrero...after Kemp went for 54, I was convinced that I'd made a really stupid mistake. Now it looks good, but it was blind pig luck on my part...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• One thing I just learned: it's pronounced SPANJEN-berg, not SPANG-en-berg.

Comment

• and JERK-o

I spent 12 on a JERK-o
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• So it had been 115 years since a pitcher had struck out 10+, walked none and gave up 10+ hits in less than 5 innings.....and now it's happened twice in two days in the same series.

Comment

• Sun, Jun 7

Brandon Morrow was forced to leave his second minor league rehab start with Double-A San Antonio on Sunday due to discomfort in his right shoulder.

Advice: Morrow threw 49 pitches before departing. The prevailing thought was that he would be able to rejoin the Padres rotation after that second rehab start, though the timetable for his return is once again completely up in the air.

More: Corey Brock on Twitter
                                (Rotoworld.com)
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X