No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, Spangenberg has turned into a pumpkin real quick but it's hard to single him out since that whole offense has been putrid lately. Since management doesn't really have any loyalty to Middlebrooks or Gyorko and Spang has the most recent hot streak he'll probably have some more leash, but as soon as someone else steps up he might go back to his utility role.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
      Man, Spangenberg has turned into a pumpkin real quick but it's hard to single him out since that whole offense has been putrid lately. Since management doesn't really have any loyalty to Middlebrooks or Gyorko and Spang has the most recent hot streak he'll probably have some more leash, but as soon as someone else steps up he might go back to his utility role.
      I have heard a move is coming, Preller is about to do his thing.

Not sure if that's good or bad.......
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
        I cut Jose Ramirez for Spang. Some guys are just late bloomers.
        And he's 1-for-19 since I did this. Thanks!
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          I have heard a move is coming, Preller is about to do his thing.

Not sure if that's good or bad.......
          What can they afford to trade? Benoit maybe or another bullpen piece. Maybe Renfroe or Liriano? Looks like they could use a complete infield makeover and don't see how he pulls that off.

Comment

• I need to cut someone to activate Morton tomorrow and it's between Despaigne and Randall Delgado. Despaigne really came out dealing this year but then had three straight disaster outings (one in relief, 2 starts) before doing pretty decent against the Cubs earlier this week. Tuesday he faces the Angels on the road then he gets the Pirates at home. Am I pressing my luck by holding onto him for those two starts? Wins are at a premium but ratios are tight as well.

Comment

• I still give Delgado a puncher's chance someday but he's not owned in my deeeeeeep league and if you drop him, that likely scares anyone else off
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Man, the Pads have a chance to be one of the worst defensive teams that I've seen in a long time, it's just a fire drill out there...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  I still give Delgado a puncher's chance someday but he's not owned in my deeeeeeep league and if you drop him, that likely scares anyone else off
                  Yeah, I'm not worried about losing him but I'd rather take whatever minimal damage he can inflict than two starts of Despaigne (if I'm afraid of him sucking). Delgado's probably gonezo whenever Neil Ramirez comes back anyway.

Comment

• Softball lineup they have there in San Diego

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      Softball lineup they have there in San Diego
                      Must be beer on the bases day, 9-0 in the second.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I'm just waiting to see which position player goes out to pitch - Adrian Gonzalez would be awesome.

Doig - what are you expecting from Despaigne this week?

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                          I'm just waiting to see which position player goes out to pitch - Adrian Gonzalez would be awesome.

Doig - what are you expecting from Despaigne this week?
                          he is one of the most inconsistent arms I've ever seen,. He can dominate for 2-4 starts then get hammered 2-3 then roll off a stretch of 5 or 6 solid starts. You jut never know. keep an eye on him for one more start and if it's good, hold him because he might be ok. he'll definitely be going back to the pen once Morrow returns from the DL.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• So what's up with Kimbrel? He came in again last night and blew it...granted it was a tough situation, but he's Craig Kimbrel! Is he losing velocity, control, command, what is it? Is he finally a buy low candidate, or is he going to join that pantheon of closers who have some great years and then start to flame out?
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              So what's up with Kimbrel? He came in again last night and blew it...granted it was a tough situation, but he's Craig Kimbrel! Is he losing velocity, control, command, what is it? Is he finally a buy low candidate, or is he going to join that pantheon of closers who have some great years and then start to flame out?
                              One guy I know insists that he's a delayed victim of overuse by the Braves, a la Johnny Venters and others.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                So what's up with Kimbrel? He came in again last night and blew it...granted it was a tough situation, but he's Craig Kimbrel! Is he losing velocity, control, command, what is it? Is he finally a buy low candidate, or is he going to join that pantheon of closers who have some great years and then start to flame out?
                                Sounds like it wasn't really a bad outing. He came in with runners on 1st and 3rd with 1 out. He struck out Aybar. Then they intentionally walked Trout to load the bases. He broke Pujols' bat, which resulted in a little bleeder that found its way through a hole into left field. That's just bad luck. The guy has struck out 24 in just 16 innings. He's given up 17 hits which seems like an anomaly. If someone in your leagues is selling low, I'd be buying.

Comment

Working...
                                X