No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK I am sorry to ask a non fantasy question here, but since I have never been to SD I need a little help. I am going out for a week for a family reunion on my wife's side. Anyway, just curious if there are any cool seats at PETCO that I should specifically look at for the game? Anywhere we should eat over by the park beforehand? Things we should eat/drink in the stadium? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
      OK I am sorry to ask a non fantasy question here, but since I have never been to SD I need a little help. I am going out for a week for a family reunion on my wife's side. Anyway, just curious if there are any cool seats at PETCO that I should specifically look at for the game? Anywhere we should eat over by the park beforehand? Things we should eat/drink in the stadium? Thanks!
      If you can, go Monday-Thursday as there is a price jump for weekend games. If your'e taking any small kids you might want to consider the RF bleachers it has a beach or beach sand pit or the kids to play in. The Jack Daniels terrace is pretty cool as are the tables at the Western Metal Bldg. If ou want to binge on baseball food, hot dogs, peanuts, popcorn and soda, there are some all you can eat seats down the 1st base line. Take public transit unless you plan on getting there early as traffic sucks and parking is worse. As to anywhere special to eat pre game? Well there are several places that are good outside the stadium in the gaslamp, something for everyone and inside, you might want to try HoDads. They serve Burgers and fries, but San Diego beach style Huge and sloppy lol. Beer selections are amazing as several of the mirco breweries have stands there. If you like IPA I recommend Ballast Point Sculpin on tap. et me know if you need anything more specific. Enjoy!!
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
        OK I am sorry to ask a non fantasy question here, but since I have never been to SD I need a little help. I am going out for a week for a family reunion on my wife's side. Anyway, just curious if there are any cool seats at PETCO that I should specifically look at for the game? Anywhere we should eat over by the park beforehand? Things we should eat/drink in the stadium? Thanks!
        GITH's advice is sage. I've been a couple of times and it really is a great park. I'm not sure if the recent surge in attendance changes anything, but I've found that park to be very "chill", much more relaxed that most of the other parks I've been to. Enjoy!

Comment

• Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice. I was considering getting tickets in the toyota terrace seats, it is just my wife with my sister in law and brother in law. I figured we are only going once spending 40 bucks for a good view isn't the end of the world. I do like a good IPA GITH so I will definitely try that. We will definitely take public transit or uber down to the area. If you have any specific recs for dinner in gaslamp I'd be interested. It is our anniversary, but this isn't really how we are celebrating though I imagine something good to eat beforehand might be in order. Thanks again for your help!

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            Totally that guy. I was as angry as Kevin Brown was when he got squeezed and then tossed back when he was a Padre in 98. I'm still pissed about the WS call on Tino, it was a fucking strike! and Matt Holiday STILL hasn't touched the plate and That's been 8 years!

I hate home cooking, I hate bad officiating I'll give it to you when it happens to your team (see the Chargers getting calls which allowed them to make the playoffs in 2013) Go back and look at the pitch charts from game 2 and 3 comparing ross's zone vs greinke's and then again Kimbrels in the 9th. THEN look at Cashners pitches to McCarthy vs the calls Peralta got in the LA 9th.

I know everyone gets squeezed, I know everyone gets a call just don't tell me I'm wrong when I'm not and allow me a little venting especially when it comes vs the team I loath most.

But I've ranted and now I'm done.

Now I just ahve to hope the Padres can attain 1st by April 31st so I can tell ElD "I told ya so" one more time :P

On top of the fact that there is no April 31st, doesn't look like your boys will get to say that

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
              On top of the fact that there is no April 31st, doesn't look like your boys will get to say that
              LOL I was wondering if it would be you or ElD that's roll in. Bad last few days, still I'll be back end of may with my pickle dance!
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                Carlos Quentin set to retire. Word is that he'll be working closely with women's vaginas after retirement since he's such a douche.
                Stay Classy!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Quentin is one of the sorriest pieces of shit around. He's no Juan Marichal but he's close.
                  And he's not a Padre, so take it to the Braves or Mariners threads...........

Grienke asked for it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• +1 Grienke and him had history. Doesn't make him a douche anymore than Grenkie is

Comment

He's a coward and will be rightfully relegated to the scrap heap of history as a never-was. What kind of petty loser leads the league in HBPs and gets inordinately pissed off every time he gets hit? The guy had taken HPBs on four pitches that would have been called strikes, according to Pitch Fx. If you're man enough to crowd the plate like that, be man enough to take your lumps. Or....OR....wait until a guy 80 pounds lighter than you hits you and then charge the mound like a high school bully. Quentin is a flat-out loser. Nice to see his career end (and equally nice to see Greinke --- it's spelled Greinke, by the way, blind Padres homers --- continue to absolutely excel) as he gets exactly the kind of send off he deserves --- just a quiet "oh yeah, I guess that guy maybe was relevant at some point or something.....wasn't he most famous for taking a swipe at a real player?"
                      Well that was a lot of words for utter rubbish.

Coward, what crap. Carlos charged the mound ONCE in his career and that was after being not only drilled by that punk, and the consensus regarding grinke is that he's a dick since back in his KC days, but then challenged by his to 'bring it' so your completely off base regarding Quentin, who yes wasn't the best of players but was never a coward.

and I'm a blind homer.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Padres calling up hedges to Back up Norris. I have to believe Nieves is goodbye.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Padres calling up hedges to Back up Norris. I have to believe Nieves is goodbye.
                          Weird to call up your top prospect to catch twice a week, isn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                            Weird to call up your top prospect to catch twice a week, isn't it?
                            Norris is on pace to catch 150 games this year, which is hard for even the best Catchers. They also play 25% of their games in AL parks this month so the word is they'll start Hedges at Ca and Norris at DH for those games. I have a hunch that this is a temp move to give the Padres something at backup catcher until they can grab another guy and allow Hedges to return to AAA.

Also, with the brewers going into fire sale mode, look for Preller to be active in adding someone from that roster with Segura making the most sense.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Also, with the brewers going into fire sale mode, look for Preller to be active in adding someone from that roster with Segura making the most sense.
                              Are you sure the Brewers are already in fire sale mode? I'm not saying they shouldn't be, but do you fire your manager in early May just to immediately sell everything off? Seems to me that they will give Counsel some time to try to make magic... and THEN sell.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                                Are you sure the Brewers are already in fire sale mode? I'm not saying they shouldn't be, but do you fire your manager in early May just to immediately sell everything off? Seems to me that they will give Counsel some time to try to make magic... and THEN sell.
                                I think it was mentioned earlier last week that everyone was in play on their roster.

I was working off this tweet:

JonHeymanCBS
                                there's belief brewers could sell soon if things don't turn. lohse/garza could be in play. one gm: "they have good players"

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X