2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Ahh so they have to recall them after 10 but before 20 to retain options?
    Correct. And if you recall them before 20 days elapse, they get credit for that time on optional assignment to the minors as major league service time.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      Correct. And if you recall them before 20 days elapse, they get credit for that time on optional assignment to the minors as major league service time.

Good to know if Preller ever returns my calls asking to be his intern......
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Just learned that the Padres never scored more than 3 runs in any inning last season. 4 tonight in the 9th. Kimbrel shows everyone what to expect once he's in the game.

I love beating LA.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          Just learned that the Padres never scored more than 3 runs in any inning last season. 4 tonight in the 9th. Kimbrel shows everyone what to expect once he's in the game.

I love beating LA.
          That's amazing!

Comment

• Two games in and I'm loving witching Derek Norris play! Hustling, gritty, face-in-the-dirt, Gashouse Gang style throwback baseball player.

Comment

• Why'd you delete your post, eld?

Comment

• Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                Why'd you delete your post, eld?
                Did I miss something?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Your feel-good story of the day...

"The Padres have signed a wheelchair-bound ex-pitcher for 20 straight years"

Comment

• Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                    Your feel-good story of the day...

"The Padres have signed a wheelchair-bound ex-pitcher for 20 straight years"

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/san-...a-contract-mlb
                    Wow, I was not aware of this story. What a class move. Mad props to the Padres organization for this.
                    Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-08-2015, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Fantastic story.

Can't help thinking: That's the difference between a classy organization and the Mets. You would never see the Wilpons doing anything like this. Might even see them tell their personnel NOT to tweet about it.

Comment

• note to the padres - Cashner should pitch around A-Gonz

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                          note to the padres - Cashner should pitch around A-Gonz
                          Meh, the Padre pitchers got squeezed all series, but it's to be expected. Even Kimbrel got squeezed and then said fuck it and threw 3 straight fastballs for the K. great to have a playoff feel in the first series. this should g down to the wire.

BTW, Adrian played like the Big Unit did his last year in Seattle, he was a punk ass bitch because the Padres weren't going to pay him. he's always had talent, and now he plays vs SD with a chip on his shoulder when it's the san diego fans who should have something against him.

Pads will lead the NL west by the end of the month.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• You give a team a few shiny new toys and all of a sudden they start popping off

Oh wait, they were popping off even when they didn't have a good team

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                              You give a team a few shiny new toys and all of a sudden they start popping off

Oh wait, they were popping off even when they didn't have a good team
                              Hey, not me. When they suck, I say they suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                                Wow, talk about a sore loser.
                                Yeah, I mean, come on. All Gonzo ever di was say that he wouldn't be giving a hometown discount when he got to free agency. He never bad-mouthed or double-talked like some other guys do (Cough, Headley, couch).

Give the guy his due. He is on fire and what player doesn't ever have extra motivation when they play their former team?

Comment

Working...
                                X