No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He gave up 16 hits and 13 runs in 9 innings in July before the trade...he has been bad since June.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
      He gave up 16 hits and 13 runs in 9 innings in July before the trade...he has been bad since June.
      Supposedly, that was just a glitch in the Matrix, until it isn't.

Not many RP's can go out there year after year and do that job at an elite level. Thant's why I don't have an issue with Closers getting into the HOF, it's such a weirdly specialized job that so few can do over a long career.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Padres DFA Nomar Mazara.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Padres DFA Nomar Mazara.
          Azocar can at least pinch run and cover CF. I liked Nomar, but he really wasn't doing much to help the team.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• What the heck is wrong with Hader?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              What the heck is wrong with Hader?
              I traded Baty for Hader $10X in a 12 tm NL only, and he's been horrible. Regretting that move a lot.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                What the heck is wrong with Hader?
                From what I can gather, his issues range from his release point being higher than it has been in the past to tipping his pitches to still not quite done dealing with the issues surrounding his wife's pregnancy issues and their child's issues at and after the birth.

In any case, he's got some stuff to sort out and until then padres have removed him from the closer role.

I wish him the best in any case.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Tatis and Preller held a presser.

Tatis owned his mistake, apologized and acknowledged he needed to grow up. He will be having that surgery on his shoulder and will spend his off season in San Diego. With the surgery and suspension, I wouldn't expect him until midway 23 season.

In other new, Jose Castillo has bee called up, could be in the mix for some saves.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Tatis and Preller held a presser.

Tatis owned his mistake, apologized and acknowledged he needed to grow up. He will be having that surgery on his shoulder and will spend his off season in San Diego. With the surgery and suspension, I wouldn't expect him until midway 23 season.

In other new, Jose Castillo has bee called up, could be in the mix for some saves.
                    I'm seeing that he is expected to be fully healthy and available when his suspension ends.

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                      I'm seeing that he is expected to be fully healthy and available when his suspension ends.
                      I see that too, but I'm tempering my expectations a bit.

Don't get fooled again!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I see that too, but I'm tempering my expectations a bit.

Don't get fooled again!
                        WW is probably right, everything I see says the recovery from the surgery is roughly a 4 month timeline. If he gets it done ASAP, he could be in spring training to sharpen his game. I think MLB allows that, but I'm not sure.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          WW is probably right, everything I see says the recovery from the surgery is roughly a 4 month timeline. If he gets it done ASAP, he could be in spring training to sharpen his game. I think MLB allows that, but I'm not sure.
                          Plus with the roids he should recover quicker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Plus with the roids he should recover quicker.
                            I think you mean he will recover quicker once his case of ringworm is cured.

Comment

Tatis and Preller held a presser.

Did he admit the ringworm garbage was BS?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Did he admit the ringworm garbage was BS?
                                He said he’d had a skin rash since June and took medication he got from the DR but stated he should have cleared it with the Padres medical team before using it

He’d tested negative inMarch. Then positive end of July.

He basically said he made and had made poor choices throughout this including the motorcycle accident

So no he didn’t recant the ringworm stuff

I guess we’ll see if he’s the same talent next season and if he is he’ll get the benefit of the doubt if not he’ll be branded a cheater the rest of his career

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X