• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Pham later scored.
    Not possible, he's terrible I hear

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Not possible, he's terrible I hear
      He has 9 hits in 21 ABs vs the Padres 3in43 vs everyone else. It's pretty obvious he wants to rub it in vs SD. He plays all out every second of every AB, on the bases and in the field (almost crashed into his own guys twice tonight) So against the Pads, he's a HOF player, vs everyone else--yeah, he's terrible.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Gore making it tough to send him down when Clevinger returns (which should be during the Cleveland series)

5IP, 102 pitches, 5 hits, 2 BB and 10 Ks. The run he gave up should have never happened--Grisham forgot how many outs there were in the inning and didn't double up Pham on 1st, Pham later scored.

In other news, Myers jammed his thumb the other night and looks to be going on the DL. Trayce Thompson to be called up
        I don't see him getting sent down. I activated him before last nights game as I was down to only 3 starters. They'll make room for him, they should anyway.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
          I don't see him getting sent down. I activated him before last nights game as I was down to only 3 starters. They'll make room for him, they should anyway.
          I hope so but how?

Musgrove
          Darvish
          Snell
          Clevinger
          Manaea
          Gore
          Martinez

Who doesn't start?

Martinez has been the worst so far, but surely they are going to give him at least a chance after just giving him that contract. Even if they move him to LR, that leaves 6.

Comment

I hope so but how?

Musgrove
            Darvish
            Snell
            Clevinger
            Manaea
            Gore
            Martinez

Who doesn't start?

Martinez has been the worst so far, but surely they are going to give him at least a chance after just giving him that contract. Even if they move him to LR, that leaves 6.
            They could go with a 6 man rotation.

Comment

I hope so but how?

Musgrove
              Darvish
              Snell
              Clevinger
              Manaea
              Gore
              Martinez

Who doesn't start?

Here's the prevailing wisdom:

Clevinger takes Martinez's spot in the rotation, but since he'll be on a pitch count early--Look for Nick to piggyback Sunshine's starts.

When Snell returns, If Clevinger is built up to 80-100 pitches they go to a 6 man rotation with Martinez piggybacking Snell until he's built up. Should Snell return before Clevinger is built up, they'd piggyback each other on alternate starts until one or both are built up.

Gore will have an innings cap of 150-160 this season so a 6 man rotation and arms to replace him should he hit it prior to October could help mitigate those innings.

This is all barring injury to any of the 6 starters (Darvish, Manaea, Musgrove, Gore, Clevinger and Snell)

They will also have Morejon returning mid season and Baez who should be back sooner.

After watching the Padres lose both Lamet and Clevinger at the end of the 2020 season and Snell last year--I don't think the Padres will make the mistake of dealing away any of these guys this season. (though some locals seem to think that's an option)

It's a good problem to have.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Clevinger set to pitch on Tuesday with Gore and Nick Martinez following the next two days. So, it sounds like a 6 man rotation until Snell gets back but he had 4 IP in AAA on Thursday. A great problem to have.

Comment

• What do you make of Voit for this year? Slow start and now injured. Was hoping he could provide real pop from 1B.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                    What do you make of Voit for this year? Slow start and now injured. Was hoping he could provide real pop from 1B.
                    Saw an article today saying he was playing thru an injury from spring training. So hopefully he will contribute when he comes back, probably later this week.
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      Saw an article today saying he was playing thru an injury from spring training. So hopefully he will contribute when he comes back, probably later this week.
                      I wouldn't count on it. I think he'll be there till they figure out how they'll navigate the new roster restrictions. I gotta think once he's healthy he'll have a rehab to see if he can get it together--With Hosmer raking, he's kind of odd man out until he can prove he's an asset.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I wouldn't count on it. I think he'll be there till they figure out how they'll navigate the new roster restrictions. I gotta think once he's healthy he'll have a rehab to see if he can get it together--With Hosmer raking, he's kind of odd man out until he can prove he's an asset.
                        I have no idea...but here is the article

Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          I have no idea...but here is the article

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.san...im%3f_amp=true
                          Here's the only takeaway from that article we need to listen to:

“It’s a matter of how many more swings they want me to take.”

they're gonna make him swing until he forces them to activate him.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Thanks for the input. I just lost Jonathan India to the IL (again), so even “some” chance for ABs is better than none.

Comment

• Any confirmation yet on Snell this week?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                                Any confirmation yet on Snell this week?
                                Snell pitched in AAA this weekend, went 4 innings with 44 pitches. He'll make at least another start there, maybe two before returning. Voit is also in AAA if he crushes, you'll see him by this weekend in Miami.

Pads sent Campusano and Avila down to get under the 26 man limit. Clevinger starts tomorrow in Cleveland, Gore on Weds. Martinez on Thursday in Miami so they're in a 6 man rotation for now--

If the Padres add Sunshine, Voit and Snell in the next week--look for Lamet to be dealt. The other 2 slots could be anything from an expected Kerr/Thompson option to a surprising Beaty DFA and/or Abrams option (though CJ had a solid game Sunday so I think he get's a few more games to see if he can build on that)

As always, when I know--you'll know. Unless you know first then you can let me know.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X