2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmed--Snell to the IL
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I guess we start Gore on Friday (ATL @ SD)?

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
        I guess we start Gore on Friday (ATL @ SD)?
        That's the consensus, but the team hasn't made an official announcement yet.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Padres manager Bob Melvin confirmed Gore will be called up from Triple-A El Paso to start Friday's game against Atlanta at Petco Park, AJ Cassavell of MLB.com reports.

I'll definitely be watching this game. Wright against Gore.

Comment

• Gore with a decent start tonight. Pads get Luis Garcia back from the IL and he looked pretty good relieving Gore. Clevinger start at Single A Elsinore last night--2 IP 5Ks, should need a couple more tune ups before returning--that means Gore should get at least 1-2 more starts.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              Gore with a decent start tonight. Pads get Luis Garcia back from the IL and he looked pretty good relieving Gore. Clevinger start at Single A Elsinore last night--2 IP 5Ks, should need a couple more tune ups before returning--that means Gore should get at least 1-2 more starts.
              Do you think Gore is sent back down or do they keep him in the rotation and bump Martinez? I guess the easy answer is wait and see how Gore and Martinez do in their next two starts. I'm trying to decide on whether I activate Gore and start his contract this year.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                Do you think Gore is sent back down or do they keep him in the rotation and bump Martinez? I guess the easy answer is wait and see how Gore and Martinez do in their next two starts. I'm trying to decide on whether I activate Gore and start his contract this year.
                I probably wouldn’t until 1) I knew he was going to be in the majors and a rotation starter for most of the year and 2) felt comfortable that he would be a solid starter because rookie pitchers often disappoint.

Unless you are desperate for starting pitching OR need to take a few gambles to have a shot at winning, I would hold off making that decision, even if it means you might miss a few solid starts if Gore is awesome out of the gate.
                2021 Auction Anatomy
                2021 Keeper Decisions
                2020 Auction Anatomy
                2020 Pre-Auction
                2015 Auction Anatomy
                2014 Auction Anatomy
                2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                  I probably wouldn’t until 1) I knew he was going to be in the majors and a rotation starter for most of the year and 2) felt comfortable that he would be a solid starter because rookie pitchers often disappoint.

Unless you are desperate for starting pitching OR need to take a few gambles to have a shot at winning, I would hold off making that decision, even if it means you might miss a few solid starts if Gore is awesome out of the gate.
                  My team is definitely in the hunt for a title and I think I have a good shot. Here's what my team looks like. My pitchers are struggling so far but I don't think it will continue that way.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Normally I'd say they have to keep him up, but he does have options and not only is Clevinger looking to return soon, Snell is about to head out on a rehab. I'd say Gore will stay until the Padres see what Clevinger gives them with Martinez making his way to long relief. It's not only the return of Snell/Sunshine, but also the reduction of rosters from 28 to 26.

I don't know how long they can keep it up, but right now Darvish, Manaea, Musgrove and Gore have all been pretty solid. Martinez as well for the #5 guy in the rotation. Crismatt has performed very well too. If Snell and/or Clevinger return to form, the Padres will have a very nice problem of too many solid options for their rotation. Heck even Lamet has pitched pretty well.

I'd be lying if I told you I was certain Gore would stay, I mean I'd "like" him to stay, but maybe his small sample of ML success and the returning to AAA and dominating might even be better for the time being (if he can accomplish that)

He should get one more start (again the Reds) before any decision has to be made. As you mentioned and has been said many other posters--Wait before activating him because there is a real chance he gets sent down no matter how well he's done.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                      Normally I'd say they have to keep him up, but he does have options and not only is Clevinger looking to return soon, Snell is about to head out on a rehab. I'd say Gore will stay until the Padres see what Clevinger gives them with Martinez making his way to long relief. It's not only the return of Snell/Sunshine, but also the reduction of rosters from 28 to 26.

I don't know how long they can keep it up, but right now Darvish, Manaea, Musgrove and Gore have all been pretty solid. Martinez as well for the #5 guy in the rotation. Crismatt has performed very well too. If Snell and/or Clevinger return to form, the Padres will have a very nice problem of too many solid options for their rotation. Heck even Lamet has pitched pretty well.

I'd be lying if I told you I was certain Gore would stay, I mean I'd "like" him to stay, but maybe his small sample of ML success and the returning to AAA and dominating might even be better for the time being (if he can accomplish that)

He should get one more start (again the Reds) before any decision has to be made. As you mentioned and has been said many other posters--Wait before activating him because there is a real chance he gets sent down no matter how well he's done.
                      Man, I forgot about Snell. Thanks, seems like I should wait. I can't keep him in the minors until he hits 50 IP so I have time.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Man, I forgot about Snell. Thanks, seems like I should wait. I can't keep him in the minors until he hits 50 IP so I have time.
                        Might be beneficial to you either way. He's going to be good but he's not quite there yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Might be beneficial to you either way. He's going to be good but he's not quite there yet.
                          Yeah, watching his 2 starts, there were some really good things, but it's obvious he still has a couple of things to work out. I keep forgetting that he's only 23, former minor league pitcher of the year and the 3rd pick in his draft. I wish the kid the best, because ya know--Padres.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Peirce Johnson on the IL--elbow tendinitis. poop.

Kerr called up.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Voit to the IL, Campusano recalled.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Gore making it tough to send him down when Clevinger returns (which should be during the Cleveland series)

5IP, 102 pitches, 5 hits, 2 BB and 10 Ks. The run he gave up should have never happened--Grisham forgot how many outs there were in the inning and didn't double up Pham on 1st, Pham later scored.

In other news, Myers jammed his thumb the other night and looks to be going on the DL. Trayce Thompson to be called up

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X