No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read today that Gore had/has the yips and that might be part of the reason he hasn't been called up.

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
      Read today that Gore had/has the yips and that might be part of the reason he hasn't been called up.
      Steve Sax yips? Or Khalil Green yips?
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Props to chance and GITH for helping me decide to keep Carlson, he looks like he's gonna be a stud (it was the minority opinion). Now he just needs to start strong some bases.
        Appreciate the compliment - I had no chance of getting him in any of my leagues (kept in two, the other we have a hardcore Cards fan who took him pretty early), but I really liked him.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Ho Hum, just another HR from Tatis......
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Pham, Left Calf Tightness.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• What's the MLB record for errors in a season? I think that Tatis has 9 already (should have been 10 but they called that ball that hit him in the glove a hit, LOL). Anyone know off the top of their head?
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                What's the MLB record for errors in a season? I think that Tatis has 9 already (should have been 10 but they called that ball that hit him in the glove a hit, LOL). Anyone know off the top of their head?
                yeah it's really remarkable after all the progress he made last season.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

What's the MLB record for errors in a season? I think that Tatis has 9 already (should have been 10 but they called that ball that hit him in the glove a hit, LOL). Anyone know off the top of their head?
                  No idea, but my cousin Ike (first cousin two or three times removed) played four seasons in the majors at SS with error totals of 47, 49, 44, and 35 (less playing time, nothing else), and he never led the NL in errors, so Tatis has a way to go.

Comment

• The record is 122 held by Herman Long (1889) and Billy Shindle (1890). Since 1900, it is John Gochnaur with 98 in 1903.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                      The record is 122 held by Herman Long (1889) and Billy Shindle (1890). Since 1900, it is John Gochnaur with 98 in 1903.
                      Holy shit! That's an AMAZING amount of buffoonery. But we have to remember that the gloves were essentially the size of their hands back then, so that does make a difference.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Holy shit! That's an AMAZING amount of buffoonery. But we have to remember that the gloves were essentially the size of their hands back then, so that does make a difference.
                        Yeah, I think since WWII, 51 by Roy Smalley is the most.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                          The record is 122 held by Herman Long (1889) and Billy Shindle (1890). Since 1900, it is John Gochnaur with 98 in 1903.
                          As impressive as that is, it is good to know there are MLB records I could easily break if only they gave me the chance.
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Having played cricket, I fully understand---hell, catchers didn't have gloves back then. Hard ball v. hand is not particularly fun.

Comment

• Tatis Jr did NOT hit a HR tonight.

That is all.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Ryan Weathers out after 19 pitches in the 1st. Trainer came out to see him after his 2nd pitch.

Comment

Working...
                                X