No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched both home runs. His swing is way more compact and still generating bat speed

Comment

• Originally posted by FBP View Post
      Watched both home runs. His swing is way more compact and still generating bat speed
      No Doubt 113 and 115 EV both career highs--the injury might just be a blessing.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
        Hold the presses on Tatis's lost season.
        I'd have to agree...
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          No Doubt 113 and 115 EV both career highs--the injury might just be a blessing.
          And against Trevor Bauer. Double Bonus!!!
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Dude...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• he hit that one one-handed for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                And against Trevor Bauer. Double Bonus!!!
                That was Kershaw, I don't have the EV of the two he hit off Bauer tonight

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Back to back 2-HR games!

Comment

• Neither team will let them do it, but a HR Derby finale of Tatis v. Acuna in Coors would be must watch. The baseballs would just feel pain.

Comment

• Alonso said the other day that he is eager to defend his memorable 2019 HR Derby title, this time at Coors Field (he hit one there the other day)
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• So I put in the full court press to get Weathers in my mixed and it seems I overbid. Got him for 6 (7% of my remaining $) when the highest other bid was just 1. I am about to make the same push in my NFBC leagues. Wondering what you guys think is a target faab % bid. I was thinking around 8% of my remaining funds, but the above has me reassessing.

Comment

• What are expectations for Tatis for the ROS, healthwise? There is so much talk that his shoulder will require surgery at some point this year.

Comment

• he and the club seem determined to get him through to the off season without surgery and have obviously talked to him about how he swings, slides etc. the one thing they can't have him change much is how he reacts defensively.

FWIW, his early struggles might have been more mechanics than injury as upon return he went 1 for 10 and it was a chat with his dad that seemingly turned him back into El Nino.

I'd expect he's out to prove everyone wrong and you'll get quite a bit ROS, more than most--but I just can't, for the life of me, see him not re tweaking the should at least once or twice more during the season. Though I hope I'm 100% wrong.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              I'd keep Dylan Carlson - he has the hit tool to be really, really good and possibly even great. Paddack, IMO, wasn't as good as his numbers said in 2019, though not as bad as 2020. I think he'll normalize out at the high 3's/low 4's ERA, good WHIP, 1k/IP type, which is good but not as good as Carlson can deliver for you on the hitting side.

BTW - That's an incredible keeper list for a 20-team league!
                              Props to chance and GITH for helping me decide to keep Carlson, he looks like he's gonna be a stud (it was the minority opinion). Now he just needs to start strong some bases.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                Props to chance and GITH for helping me decide to keep Carlson, he looks like he's gonna be a stud (it was the minority opinion). Now he just needs to start strong some bases.
                                I used to be pretty high on Paddack, but he's looking more like Mat Latos than Jake Peavy. His stuff ain't great and he seems to lose focus when things don't go his way (missed ball or strike/error) In any case he's out of the rotation in 2022 with Gore and Clevinger joining the rotation. I can easily see him being included in a deadline deal to bring in whatever Preller thinks the Padres need going forward. Glad Carlson worked out for you.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X