Jose Bautista HR Count Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Hitting 60 is pretty darn tough such that you are probably still on the safer side of that bet, but it's not one I would have wanted to make even before the season started. That's a lot of dough to risk on somebody who clearly has the talent to make you lose.
    Missing 8 games certainly doesn't help his run to 60. Assuming he plays every game the rest of the way, he's on pace for 57, but those extra 8 games would have put him on pace for 60.

By the way, no HR today, but 2-4 with a double and 2 RBI isn't bad.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• bump for #38. 29 games left in the season. I think he gets closer to 50 than 40 but falls a little short of 50.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Every single aspect of his game has improved over last season. Higher BA, OBP, SLG, more BB's, less K's. It's too bad he's missed 10 games or so, as I think he would have been a lock for 50 HR if he played 162.

Unfortunately, despite having 100 more OPS pts than anybody else in the AL, I think 50 HR is the only way he wins the MVP. It'll go to some Yankee or Red Sock. Ellsbury or Granderson, most likely.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          Every single aspect of his game has improved over last season. Higher BA, OBP, SLG, more BB's, less K's. It's too bad he's missed 10 games or so, as I think he would have been a lock for 50 HR if he played 162.

Unfortunately, despite having 100 more OPS pts than anybody else in the AL, I think 50 HR is the only way he wins the MVP. It'll go to some Yankee or Red Sock. Ellsbury or Granderson, most likely.
          Well Granderson is definitely close to Bautista in overall numbers. The postseason entry would give him the edge over Bautista. That said, I have no problem with Jose getting it.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Is the leader of a band wagon a band leader or a wagon master?

I think anything over 30 is on the band wagon. I will call 42.
            Missed it by this {} much.

Comment

• 105 runs 43 HR 103 RBI and a 305 BA. What a terrific year from this guy.

Is he top 10 next year? Top 5?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                105 runs 43 HR 103 RBI and a 305 BA. What a terrific year from this guy.

Is he top 10 next year? Top 5?
                Top 10 in mixed and top 5 in AL only is a must.

I do not have to worry about that as I have him for $4 in my AL keeper. I do have to decide on how many years to extend him at $5 per year. Right now I am thinking 3 years (gives me 4) at $19.

Comment

• To recap the specific number projections in this thread:

Hammer 69
                  Teenwolf 50-ish
                  Kevin Seitzer 45
                  DJBeasties 45
                  Jose Bautista Actual 43
                  Gregg 42
                  virgonomic 40
                  TranaGreg 40
                  B-Fly 35-40
                  griswold 36
                  Hornsby 35
                  eldiablo505 3

Gregg looks like the winner in the Bautista projectotron.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Top 10 in mixed and top 5 in AL only is a must.

I do not have to worry about that as I have him for $4 in my AL keeper. I do have to decide on how many years to extend him at $5 per year. Right now I am thinking 3 years (gives me 4) at $19.
                    extend him til he is eligible for his AARP card.

Comment

• As a Joey Bats owner in '12, I'd like to see this kind of thread going again!
                      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

• don't look now, but Joey Bats has taken over the MLB home run lead and is on pace for 54 HRs.

Will he lead the majors in HRs for the third consecutive season?

Comment

Working...
                        X