Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the first big name free agent to sign.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumor out here is that Pablo is close to resigning with the Giants, not that a signing is imminent per se, but at this point, the Giants are the primary suitors.

Comment

Mariners are hard after Hanley and V-Mart

@BNightengale
      The Seattle #Mariners are aggressively pursuing free agent shortstop Hanley Ramirez, letting him know how badly they want him.
      @Ken_Rosenthal
      Sources: #Mariners interested in Hanley. Some, however, doubt team will make another $100M+ signing. One source says VMart is M's priority.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
        Rumor out here is that Pablo is close to resigning with the Giants, not that a signing is imminent per se, but at this point, the Giants are the primary suitors.
        They'll overpay for him like they did with Timmy, Scutero, Cain, and a few other who I can't recall at the moment...but WTF, can't argue with their record over the last 5 years, so it seems to work for them.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          They'll overpay for him like they did with Timmy, Scutero, Cain, and a few other who I can't recall at the moment...but WTF, can't argue with their record over the last 5 years, so it seems to work for them.
          They overpaid Aubrey Huff too. I think Cain can still make good on his deal if he comes back healthy. I have no idea what to think of Timmy. If there is a more confounding pitcher out there, I don't know who it is.

Giants will pony up for Pablo and probably Morse and anyone else who was a factor in this postseason. They are like that, and you're right, it seems to be working.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
            Looks like the Red Sox are also serious contenders for Pablo Sandoval according to Rotoworld:

Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com was told by a major league executive that the Red Sox are "all in" on free agent third baseman Pablo Sandoval.
            Most have pegged the Giants as the favorites to re-sign Sandoval, but Edes says the Red Sox "are making a big push to sign him." For what it's worth, general manager Ben Cherington met with Sandoval's agent, Gustavo Vazquez, on Tuesday and said the conversation was "constructive." The White Sox and Blue Jays are also interested in the third baseman. Sandoval is aiming for a six-year deal in the $100 million range.
            Source: ESPNBoston.com
            Nov 11 - 8:36 PM
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X