Oscar Taveras - RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I am a sinner. I make bad choices. I was also once like Oscar. We all need forgiveness. That is what Jesus gave us and offers us.
    Fortunately for Tavares, I am not the one who gives forgiveness...especially for someone who died as a result of his error.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Oh, I'm angry as (heck). I'm just not a monster.

Texting and driving has been shown to be just as dangerous as drinking and driving (although not nearly as violative of our Puritanical beliefs), or even moreso. I guess all those kids who text and drive should just fucking die. Or, at the least, I should consider a net win for humanity when they're wiped off the face of the earth. Anyone here with teenage kids? If they use their phone (or speed or drive when tired or any number of other equivalents) while driving then they just deserve to die. Please let them know that. Because, hey, I don't text and drive. Therefore, I can cast the (heck) out of that particular stone, right?
      You're jumping what Dane, and I guess I, am saying. We don't want people who drink and drive to die. We don't want people who text and drive to die. We just aren't saddened by their death, all we hope for is that they don't take someone else with them who had done nothing more than be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So, in summation...drink and drive, wrap yourself around a telephone poll...meh.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
        You're jumping what Dane, and I guess I, am saying. We don't want people who drink and drive to die. We don't want people who text and drive to die. We just aren't saddened by their death, all we hope for is that they don't take someone else with them who had done nothing more than be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So, in summation...drink and drive, wrap yourself around a telephone poll...meh.
        I get what you are saying and even understand why some might not want to be emotionally invested in this type of tragedy. Some of this thread reads as if you drink and drive and die, you got what you had coming. It may not be the intention of the writers, but it comes across a little cold.

I doubt you would feel "meh" if it was your own child making the poor choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          I get what you are saying and even understand why some might not want to be emotionally invested in this type of tragedy. Some of this thread reads as if you drink and drive and die, you got what you had coming. It may not be the intention of the writers, but it comes across a little cold.

I doubt you would feel "meh" if it was your own child making the poor choice.
          Well duh. That's flesh and blood. Close friends too. But someone who I don't know at all?

To put my perspective out there...I feel if you are DUI and kill someone, it should carry a murder charge.

Comment

To put my perspective out there...I feel if you are DUI and kill someone, it should carry a murder charge.
            Yes. Texting and driving too, if that's what the studies show. It's disregard for human life, plain and simple. I wouldn't consider some dopey sexting teenager to be a cold-blooded killer, but it certainly shows someone who doesn't understand that their actions have ramifications, and that they take other people's lives in their hands when they get behind the wheel of a car.

Comment

Well duh. That's flesh and blood. Close friends too. But someone who I don't know at all?

It should probably be manslaughter. I don't get how some of these people get away with a slap on the wrist sometimes.

Comment

If I owned an MLB team, I would have a manditory high end car service for all my players, each with a personal chauffeur. If I had my way, they'd never take the wheel while playing for my team. I'd think of it as insurance for my high value investments.
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                X