Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    3.02 - Tommy Edman 2B/3B/OF, STL
    Good pick, I was sleeping on Edman, didn't have him on my list but on review he's a good choice here.

I hedged with Strasburg (expensive) / Boyd (cheap). I probably should have committed one way or the other.

Comment

Thanks. I was planning to take either him or Boyd there, so you made the choice easier.

To be totally honest, my entire strategy got thrown because I was planning to pick Albies and make picks very similarly to what you are doing. I really didn't expect to type Lindor's name in the first, but I've around on it - just had to adjust a mindset a bit.

Comment

3.03 Kolton Wong, 2B, STL
        4.01 Kyle Schwarber, OF, CHC
        4.02 Matt Chapman, 3B, OAK

You're up, Ken.

Comment

4.03 Gary Sanchez, C, NYY
          5.01 Royce Lewis, SS, MIN

Comment

I guess we are technically done with our keepers, but I have a couple more picks I want to make just for depth in case of injury.

Comment

5.02 Aroldis Chapman, P, NYY

Comment

Yeah, I agree Ken. I was thinking I'd likely go 8-10 rounds total just to potentially create some depth/options.

Comment

To be totally honest, my entire strategy got thrown because I was planning to pick Albies and make picks very similarly to what you are doing. I really didn't expect to type Lindor's name in the first, but I've around on it - just had to adjust a mindset a bit.
                  Some of it depends on the league tendencies for the price curve to expect. Looking at Manny Machado going for $40 last year, $33 for Lindor looks like a good discount.

Comment

Goodness, Trout went for $69 last year. I should have invested more heavily in the top end to avoid that kind of price. The actual inflation in the league doesn't match that kind of premium.

My 15 team mixed keeper league where we keep 15 players has ~40% inflation some years, and our max bid ever came last year with a $63 Betts. The inflation in this one won't reach that high.

So it looks like the trend in this league is to overpay drastically for stars (which is not uncommon or even necessarily bad).

But we should keep that in mind.

Comment

5.03 Steven Matz
                      6.01 Jose Leclerc
                      6.02 Charlie Blackmon

Comment

5.03 Steven Matz
                        6.01 Jose Leclerc
                        6.02 Charlie Blackmon
                        I don't know if I can stomach the 37 on Blackmon. That said, we're in the "throw a dart" portion of the draft now.

Comment

6.03 Shin-Soo Choo, OF, TEX
                          7.01 Omar Narvaez, C, MLW

Comment

Ugh...I definitely can't stomach 37 on Blackmon. I apparently mistyped his value in my spreadsheet and had him at $25 - which was...still questionable at this point.

Oh well. At least it wasn't $69 on Trout!

Comment

7.02 Austin Riley, OF/3B ATL

This will give me something to closely watch during spring training.

Comment

Here's a weird nugget - I had Choo ranked as high as top 4 from the available players, but I didn't really want him. But 20/15 with a high OBP and just a $6 pricetag actually makes him easily keepable in this league. Not sure what I'll end up doing with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X