Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken
    replied
    Here's a weird nugget - I had Choo ranked as high as top 4 from the available players, but I didn't really want him. But 20/15 with a high OBP and just a $6 pricetag actually makes him easily keepable in this league. Not sure what I'll end up doing with him.

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied
    7.02 Austin Riley, OF/3B ATL

This will give me something to closely watch during spring training.

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied
    Ugh...I definitely can't stomach 37 on Blackmon. I apparently mistyped his value in my spreadsheet and had him at $25 - which was...still questionable at this point.

Oh well. At least it wasn't $69 on Trout!

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    6.03 Shin-Soo Choo, OF, TEX
    7.01 Omar Narvaez, C, MLW

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    5.03 Steven Matz
    6.01 Jose Leclerc
    6.02 Charlie Blackmon
    I don't know if I can stomach the 37 on Blackmon. That said, we're in the "throw a dart" portion of the draft now.

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied
    5.03 Steven Matz
    6.01 Jose Leclerc
    6.02 Charlie Blackmon

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Goodness, Trout went for $69 last year. I should have invested more heavily in the top end to avoid that kind of price. The actual inflation in the league doesn't match that kind of premium.

My 15 team mixed keeper league where we keep 15 players has ~40% inflation some years, and our max bid ever came last year with a $63 Betts. The inflation in this one won't reach that high.

So it looks like the trend in this league is to overpay drastically for stars (which is not uncommon or even necessarily bad).

But we should keep that in mind.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    To be totally honest, my entire strategy got thrown because I was planning to pick Albies and make picks very similarly to what you are doing. I really didn't expect to type Lindor's name in the first, but I've around on it - just had to adjust a mindset a bit.
    Some of it depends on the league tendencies for the price curve to expect. Looking at Manny Machado going for $40 last year, $33 for Lindor looks like a good discount.

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied
    Yeah, I agree Ken. I was thinking I'd likely go 8-10 rounds total just to potentially create some depth/options.

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied
    5.02 Aroldis Chapman, P, NYY

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    I guess we are technically done with our keepers, but I have a couple more picks I want to make just for depth in case of injury.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    4.03 Gary Sanchez, C, NYY
    5.01 Royce Lewis, SS, MIN

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied
    3.03 Kolton Wong, 2B, STL
    4.01 Kyle Schwarber, OF, CHC
    4.02 Matt Chapman, 3B, OAK

You're up, Ken.

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied
    Thanks. I was planning to take either him or Boyd there, so you made the choice easier.

To be totally honest, my entire strategy got thrown because I was planning to pick Albies and make picks very similarly to what you are doing. I really didn't expect to type Lindor's name in the first, but I've around on it - just had to adjust a mindset a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    3.02 - Tommy Edman 2B/3B/OF, STL
    Good pick, I was sleeping on Edman, didn't have him on my list but on review he's a good choice here.

I hedged with Strasburg (expensive) / Boyd (cheap). I probably should have committed one way or the other.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X