*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    So is there any hope at this point ? It sure looks like we are fucked. I do recall hearing that this is what election night would look like, but uncounted ballots would change the results. Uggghh...

Arizona looks flipped from 2016....

I got nothin

Comment

So is there any hope at this point ? It sure looks like we are fucked. I do recall hearing that this is what election night would look like, but uncounted ballots would change the results. Uggghh...
      Hope? Yes, for sure. I think odds are a little in Biden's favor at the moment. Certainty? No way. And may not be certainty tomorrow morning, either.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Arizona is likely flipped to Biden. Georgia is still unknown, but if it flips, too, that would give Biden a huge edge. Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania all are in the Trump column at the moment, but that was expected based upon mail-in vote being counted after the election-day vote was counted first. Biden people seem to think they are on track to win Wisconsin and Pennsylvania (and likely Michigan, too, though I haven't heard), but I don't know how much weight to put on that. If all three of those states go to Trump, then Biden almost surely loses. I think we really just don't know yet which way those states will fall.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• The election betting markets have it basically as a tossup at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            The election betting markets have it basically as a tossup at this point.
            Recent odds were heavily Trump favored that I saw, where are you seeing tossup

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Recent odds were heavily Trump favored that I saw, where are you seeing tossup
              Oh I'm behind, they moved back to even in the last hour

Comment

Oh I'm behind, they moved back to even in the last hour
                And they look much better this morning.

What is Trumps argument on why WI/MI/Penn should stop counting votes that were in on election day? What is it that he's claiming to take to the SC? The states are in charge of running their elections and they have always had measures in place to allow the COUNTING after election day. What legal argument is he even trying to make? ( I understand it's likely an asinine argument I'd still like to understand the basis )

Comment

And they look much better this morning.

What is Trumps argument on why WI/MI/Penn should stop counting votes that were in on election day? What is it that he's claiming to take to the SC? The states are in charge of running their elections and they have always had measures in place to allow the COUNTING after election day. What legal argument is he even trying to make? ( I understand it's likely an asinine argument I'd still like to understand the basis )
                  "We don't want them to find any ballots at 4 o'clock in the morning and add them to the list. Okay? It's a very...it's a very sad moment. To me this is a very sad moment. And we will win this, and as far as I'm concerned we already have won it."

There's your argument. I'm sure his lawyers will find some way to dress that up into legalese.

Comment

Will we reach 12,000 posts in this thread before we know who won the presidential election?
                    Still possible
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Sounds more hopeful this morning.
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Sounds more hopeful this morning.
                          We're halfway up the mountain and the summit is in sight!

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Or just use the all-purpose Italian "stronzo!"
                            Good advice....
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

"We don't want them to find any ballots at 4 o'clock in the morning and add them to the list. Okay? It's a very...it's a very sad moment. To me this is a very sad moment. And we will win this, and as far as I'm concerned we already have won it."

There's your argument. I'm sure his lawyers will find some way to dress that up into legalese.
                              I wonder how well the "I am sad" legal argument plays out for him.

In the Wednesday morning briefing, Bob Bauer, Biden campaign adviser, quoted the president’s early morning speech, noting the president said, “'We want all voting to stop.'"

“Let me tell you this: If you go to the Supreme Court today and went around the building, you will not see Donald Trump, and you will not see his lawyers,” Bauer said. “He’s not going to the Supreme Court of the United States to get the voting to stop. And if at some point filing once again these specious claims rejected by court after court ... if he arrives before the Supreme Court with a novel proposition that ballots that were lawfully cast by eligible voters but not yet counted by the time that Donald Trump wanted them counted, that somehow, they don’t count anymore, he will be in for one of the most embarrassing defeats a president has ever suffered before the highest court in the land.”

Comment

They don't have a lot of glaciers on the Great Plains these days.
                                You can learn a lot in this thread
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X