Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    I went to OU.
    Over Under

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      the Phillies at one point will have 33 games in 30 days
      That's a lot.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Something occurred to me. This season when teams call up a prospect from the alternate site, no one but the club officials know how he has been doing. You can call up a guy who has been shoving, and all the fans know to do is look at how he did last year or maybe in spring training. It's not like in previous years where if a pitcher was killing it at Triple-A, the fans would be clamoring for a promotion.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          no one but the club officials know how he has been doing
          .... so is there something you've been dying to tell us?

Comment

• My new favorite click-bait ad tagline that I keep seeing:

Even Non-Gamers Are Obsessed With This RPG Game (It's Worth Installing!)

I really feel like they let up at the end there.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• not that I ever go in, but how is the Neil Young Song draft the most active thread on this site?

Comment

not that I ever go in, but how is the Neil Young Song draft the most active thread on this site?
                Because Erik is updating his top 100 list daily.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Because Erik is updating his top 100 list daily.
                  ahh! gotcha. nice stuff.

Comment

not that I ever go in, but how is the Neil Young Song draft the most active thread on this site?
                    Because there comes a time, out on the weekend, where try as you may, southern man, you're on the losing end despite your helpless heart of gold.

Comment

• 22 hours left on this kickstarter, might be interesting to some here.
                      It's ai visual hardware - easy to use person, object, text, etc recognition that can be integrated with other hardware.
                      First project I want to do with one is to send me photos of animals crossing the creek behind our house.

They were looking for $20k, and it's passed $1m.
                      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• for jen's birthday she wanted a Ring doorbell... I've already had to run around the neighborhood once to make sure people were handing out flyers and not checking people's doorknobs to try to find unlocked homes. The last thing I need is to show her what's going on in the backyard on a daily basis.

Comment

for jen's birthday she wanted a Ring doorbell... I've already had to run around the neighborhood once to make sure people were handing out flyers and not checking people's doorknobs to try to find unlocked homes. The last thing I need is to show her what's going on in the backyard on a daily basis.
                          Given Amazon's lack of privacy rights, I'd hard pass on that product. You might also want to read this:

The home-security firm has made it easier than ever for local police to request homeowners' video. “If the police demanded every citizen put a camera at their door and give officers access to it, we might all recoil,” one legal expert said.

And this...

The company once offered a map, now withdrawn, that allowed police to zoom in to see the specific location of Ring customers.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• I like my Ring. Sunday a salesman came to the door while I was out of town and I answered it through ring and let them know I'm not interested. They had no clue that I wasn't home. This happens often. I understand the surveillance concerns, but there's tradeoffs for everything and that's a risk I'm willing to take. We all take similar risks any time we are in public, and this points out towards the street, so it's basically public. I do understand how some could consider it a significant invasion of privacy for sure, and in that case it isn't for them but it's not an issue for me personally.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Given Amazon's lack of privacy rights, I'd hard pass on that product. You might also want to read this:

The home-security firm has made it easier than ever for local police to request homeowners' video. “If the police demanded every citizen put a camera at their door and give officers access to it, we might all recoil,” one legal expert said.

And this...

https://www.cnet.com/news/ring-gave-...r-over-a-year/
                              too late. Amazon already knows every person who walks their dog past our house. I did not register it with the local police at least.

Comment

• A very tall, outgoing woman lives next door to Heye
                                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Working...
                                X