No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It doesn't sound like we're going to know anything substantive about Pennsylvania tonight, given how long it will take to count mail-in ballots. But other states might be indicators if something is going big one direction or the other.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
      There is not enough soju in the world if this thing goes south tonight.
      I just drove to the grocery store and picked up bottle of Tequila and some margarita mix. If anyone has a good homemade recipe for margaritas I'd prefer to give that a shot. Or perhaps I should only do shots?
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
        Parts of Indiana and Kentucky closed at 6 but you will start to get data from states that counted their early votes before today when their polls close including a few key states at 7.
        Eastern time ? So 4 here out west ?
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          So from the election thread it sounds like some updates hourly....when do we start getting "real" results ?
          Some of the important/swing states that should be available earlier rather than later based on counting most of their votes on election night (with poll closing time listed in Eastern Time):

Georgia (7pm)
          South Carolina (7pm)
          Ohio (7:30pm)

Florida (8pm in the Panhandle, 7pm otherwise)
          Maine (8pm)
          New Hampshire (8pm)
          Texas (8pm except El Paso at 9pm)

Arizona (9pm)
          Minnesota (9pm)
          Nebraska (9pm)

Montana (10pm)
          Iowa (10pm)

A guide to poll closing times on Election Day 2020, major Senate and House races to watch, how long vote counting will take, and when election results are expected in all 50 states.
          Last edited by Kevin Seitzer; 11-03-2020, 07:16 PM.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I just drove to the grocery store and picked up bottle of Tequila and some margarita mix. If anyone has a good homemade recipe for margaritas I'd prefer to give that a shot. Or perhaps I should only do shots?
            I don't have a recipe but I'd be happy to drink your margaritas when you make them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              I don't have a recipe but I'd be happy to drink your margaritas when you make them.
              Drop by whenever, I'm more than ready.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Drop by whenever, I'm more than ready.
                If I head out now, I can probably be there in a couple days, three at the most. Assuming I don't partake of any margaritas during the drive.

Comment

If I head out now, I can probably be there in a couple days, three at the most. Assuming I don't partake of any margaritas during the drive.
                  Bring your raincoat, October was unusually beautiful and sunny, but the rains started today.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

25.11 Lindy McDaniel P 1960
                    Guy I work with just told me he knows Lindy - he married a family friend of my coworker (2nd marriage)

Comment

Some of the important/swing states that should be available earlier rather than later based on counting most of their votes on election night (with poll closing time listed in Eastern Time):

Georgia (7pm)
                      South Carolina (7pm)
                      Ohio (7:30pm)

Florida (8pm)
                      Maine (8pm)
                      New Hampshire (8pm)
                      Texas (8pm except El Paso at 9pm)

Arizona (9pm)
                      Minnesota (9pm)
                      Nebraska (9pm)

Montana (10pm)
                      Iowa (10pm)

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...esults-timing/
                      man... I've been looking all day for hints of results, but now that some might actually be coming in, I'm deathly afraid to even look.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        man... I've been looking all day for hints of results, but now that some might actually be coming in, I'm deathly afraid to even look.
                        I don't think those poll closing times are actually when we'll know anything of substance. It will probably take at least another hour or two in most of those states, if not longer. But I think those are the states where we'll know something substantive before we go to bed (at least those of us who don't have to wake up at the crack of dawn on the east coast).

Comment

I don't think those poll closing times are actually when we'll know anything of substance. It will probably take at least another hour or two in most of those states, if not longer. But I think those are the states where we'll know something substantive before we go to bed (at least those of us who don't have to wake up at the crack of dawn on the east coast).
                          I will be standing guard with my bottle of Tequila, and no work tomorrow.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I will be standing guard with my bottle of Tequila, and no work tomorrow.
                            you should make sure you have a spotter when doing stuff like that.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              You guys with the fancy computers or consoles should really try out Red Dead Redemption 2. Crazy fun. I just got thrown in jail for attempting to talk to the sheriff but accidentally punching him in the face, causing him to fall over and get run over by a stagecoach. Good times.
                              you should make sure you have a spotter when doing stuff like that.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Will Ferrell Slasher disappoint again ?
                                He will not !
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X