No announcement yet.

2K19: Shohei Ohtani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking ahead to next season and Ohtani. If I have to guess, he will have the TJS in the offseason and should be able to bat as DH next season. Even if he does not have TJS, he will be the Angels DH next yr.

But what are the Angels going to do with Pujols and how would that impact Ohtani's AB? Pujols had 70 games at 1b for 2018, and I can't see him holding up to even that next year. 1b is not the powerhouse of stats that position used to be, but do the Angels want Pujols as their everyday 1b? That would be nice for Ohtani, but I can see Pujols time in the field as only going down. And the Angels are not going to pay him to sit on the bench as a backup dh.

Comment

• cleo - Actually, I think the Angels will be paying Pujols to play only about 100 games or so; 70ish at 1B and 20-30ish at DH is my bet.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Is Ohtani worth holding on to in 12-team mixed?

Thru 71 PAs he's slashing just 226/310/326. CJ Cron and Avisail Garcia available to replace him. His contract expires so I don't have to worry about anyone else picking up as a keeper.

I dropped my $17 Miggy last week and my team had their best week of the season.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Cron is wildly outperforming him, so you wouldn’t lose much if you picked him up instead. Plus, that Twins offense......

Comment

Working...
          X