Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza

We should probably have a general pizza thread.

Ever since I had Pizzeria Suprema in New York (thanks to Revo for the recommendation) I've been on a quest for a similar slice in California. After a fruitless search, I was despondent and convinced that no such thing existed on the left coast.

Boy was I wrong. Last night I ordered a pizza from a place called Lamonica's claiming to import their dough from New York.

After eating a slice I thought, "not bad, it comes close." But this morning, after having placed two cold slices in the oven for a a couple of minutes, the crust was crispy on the bottom and the slice was fabulous. I am a happy happy man.

Praise The Tebow!

... because you can never have enough threads about pizza

Comment

we have the opposite problem here. I was shocked last time I visited my parents in Sac and went to the mall. The food court there had like 7 out of 11 places that back here would have been considered "Chinese." Here you get Either "Chinese" or if you are lucky there might be a "Japanese" place selling sushi. There they had Thia, Mongolian, Hawaiian BBQ, Japanese Hibachi, Chinese and a couple others I think. All those would be called "Chinese" here and sold in the same small store front.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        ... because you can never have enough threads about pizza
        I was just trying to mock JC about a facebook status he posted when I started the Ham one.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

It's nothing special, but I heard a commercial for Pizza Pizza on the radio today. $13.99 for any size pizza (S-XL) with 3 toppings, 2 pop and a dipping sauce. I called in for 2 after playing hockey and indoor softball this afternoon and picked them up on the way home. Pepperoni/mushroom/green pepper and pepperoni/mushroom/bacon, my two go-tos. I will be eating it for the rest of the week, which is not a bad thing.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
            We should probably have a general pizza thread.

Ever since I had Pizzeria Suprema in New York (thanks to Revo for the recommendation) I've been on a quest for a similar slice in California. After a fruitless search, I was despondent and convinced that no such thing existed on the left coast.

Boy was I wrong. Last night I ordered a pizza from a place called Lamonica's claiming to import their dough from New York.

After eating a slice I thought, "not bad, it comes close." But this morning, after having placed two cold slices in the oven for a a couple of minutes, the crust was crispy on the bottom and the slice was fabulous. I am a happy happy man.

Praise The Tebow!
            Well, there's your problem right there. You're not supposed to heat up pizza in the morning. It's called COLD PIZZA for a reason!
            "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
            "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              It's nothing special, but I heard a commercial for Pizza Pizza on the radio today. $13.99 for any size pizza (S-XL) with 3 toppings, 2 pop and a dipping sauce. I called in for 2 after playing hockey and indoor softball this afternoon and picked them up on the way home. Pepperoni/mushroom/green pepper and pepperoni/mushroom/bacon, my two go-tos. I will be eating it for the rest of the week, which is not a bad thing.
              Mods, can we get this removed. There's no reason anyone in Canada should be allowed to comment in this thread unless its pizza they've had in the US.
              "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
              "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Cold pizza is great, especially with orange juice, but I have noticed that almost any pizza is better when you re-heat it in an oven. The way it crisps the crust improves it immensely.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                  Cold pizza is great, especially with orange juice, but I have noticed that almost any pizza is better when you re-heat it in an oven. The way it crisps the crust improves it immensely.

I do not think I have ever had orange juice with hot pizza. It just doesn't seem like it would be good. I do agree that I like cold pizza with orange juice for breakfast.

I have never re-heated pizza in an oven. I do on occasion re-heat in the micro wave. Mostly I just eat left over pizza cold.

Comment

I usually don't leave any pizza for leftovers.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                      back in the days of ball tournaments the standard breakfast was cold pizza & warm beer. good times.
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                        Mods, can we get this removed. There's no reason anyone in Canada should be allowed to comment in this thread unless its pizza they've had in the US.
                        yeah, cause Domino's is real authentic Italian?!?!?

Actually my favourite after travelling around Italy was pizza from Rome (moreso than Naples which seems to be the standard) ... i just discovered an awesome restaurant here in Toronto that is as close as anything I've tried. Maybe we should open up that old thread re: best restaurants in various places.
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Nor'easter pizza for lunch today... Blond Buffalo chicken pizza with blue cheese chunks, thin crust, well done, on beer batter pizza dough.

And two diet Dr. Peppers... If anyone is around in the next 30-40 minutes, I will share a slice...
                          I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                          You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                          "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                          It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

The great DiFara's pizzaria in Brooklyn has unfortunately now been shut down by the Health Department for the second time in the last three years or so. Yeah, the place is dirty, but the pizza is so freakin' good that I don't care. I'm also still partial to V&T's pizza near Columbia, on Amsterdam and West 111th Street.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              we have the opposite problem here. I was shocked last time I visited my parents in Sac and went to the mall. The food court there had like 7 out of 11 places that back here would have been considered "Chinese." Here you get Either "Chinese" or if you are lucky there might be a "Japanese" place selling sushi. There they had Thia, Mongolian, Hawaiian BBQ, Japanese Hibachi, Chinese and a couple others I think. All those would be called "Chinese" here and sold in the same small store front.
                              By "here" I guess you must mean South Jersey, because NYC and North Jersey have lots of sushi/Japanese, lots of Thai, lots of Korean, several Mongolian, and a decent share of other (Malaysian, Vietnamese, Cambodian), plus various Asian fusion places that combine them. And the fusion places all make a point to call themselves "Asian fusion" - they don't just call it all "Chinese".

Comment

Working...
                              X