Overkill on the TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overkill on the TV

I know everyone hates a one-upper (sorry friar), but I've been sitting on this information for months and the time is nigh. Tuesday, March 18th on your local ABC affiliate you'll be able to see my goofy face on Jeopardy. I've only met a few of you and probably only a few more remember what I look like from pictures I've posted here, but to make it easy, my name's Nick Durazo. No fair making fun of my voice, I was sick that day; anything else is fair game I suppose.

Awesome. I watch every day. May you have the success of Arthur Chu without the sociopathic aura.

FYI in some markets Jeopardy is not on ABC. For example, in San Diego, it's on NBC.

Good luck!
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

WOW!! How did you geet on the show?????
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        Not by wasting his time on useless sports games, that's for sure!
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
          I know everyone hates a one-upper (sorry friar), but I've been sitting on this information for months and the time is nigh. Tuesday, March 18th on your local ABC affiliate you'll be able to see my goofy face on Jeopardy. I've only met a few of you and probably only a few more remember what I look like from pictures I've posted here, but to make it easy, my name's Nick Durazo. No fair making fun of my voice, I was sick that day; anything else is fair game I suppose.
          One-uppers are ok.... Upper Deckers are no bueno!
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Luck...

Hope you did well, overkill!
            I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
            You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
            "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
            It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

There's a 50 question on-line test every January, then if you pass that you come in for an in-person 50 question test as well as a mock show. I'd taken the test a handful of times before getting the call so either I finally got enough questions right or there are so many people that pass that they have to do a random drawing or something.

Comment

There's a 50 question on-line test every January, then if you pass that you come in for an in-person 50 question test as well as a mock show. I'd taken the test a handful of times before getting the call so either I finally got enough questions right or there are so many people that pass that they have to do a random drawing or something.
                I have taken that test for the last 5 or 6 years...Good Luck!!
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  Not by wasting his time on useless sports games, that's for sure!
                  I was going to say it was all luck.

Comment

Good luck!

I've had 2 friends on the show and both won ~$40K so hopefully you can make it 3/3.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

or there are so many people that pass that they have to do a random drawing or something.
                      I believe this is the case. You have to pass, but then you also have to be selected from a random drawing because there are more people that pass than there are spots available at the audition sites. If you don't get called for an audition, then either you didn't pass or you did pass but didn't get picked in the lottery; they don't tell you which.

Comment

did you go with this?

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I am 35 but still trying to get on Teen Jeopardy. I would do much better on there. ::fingers crossed::
                          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                            I am 35 but still trying to get on Teen Jeopardy. I would do much better on there. ::fingers crossed::
                            Even the pop music questions?

Comment

I hope you did well. Maybe I'll see it on a rerun eventually. Weird how more people I have contact with are appearing on game shows. One guy on a Stratomatic message board just appeared on Wheel and a former teacher I used to work with will be on Jeopardy in June. They have already taped his episodes.
                              拖裤子,
                              放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Working...
                              X