No announcement yet.

Overkill on the TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got home a bit ago and decided to watch a DVR'd show. I saw Jeopardy, and thought "Why the hell was this recorded?"

You looked a bit stiff and nervous at the beginning, but you seemed to loosen up when you crushed the solo artist debut album category and took a nice lead. Way to go...all set up for tomorrow!
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

woot!
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Congrats and keep it going!
        Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
        Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Huzzah!
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

How did you not get "Moneyball?" LOL.

Comment

You kicked ass. Way to go. You can always call yourself a Jeopardy Champion.

Comment

What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  What happened?
                  A very good game. Overkill went into Final Jeopardy with the least amount of money. He answered correctly in Final Jeopardy, but the individual with the most money going in also answered correctly. Overkill finished with 15601 i believe so he played another excellent game.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    How did you not get "Moneyball?" LOL.
                    He also got beaten to the punch in identifying that Robin Roberts, Steve Carlton and Chase Utley were Phillies.

It was a very good game for him again - just seemed like that other guy was a little faster on the buzzer more often.

Comment

Definitely a case of getting rocked on the buzzer. Sports and movie quotes are right in my wheelhouse but I got beat to the punch almost every time. After the taping my dad thought I had chickened out by not buzzing in (since I'm not one of those players who makes it obvious that they're buzzing in) and I had to explain that I just didn't get in soon enough. The kicker is that I knew the final Jeopardy question thanks to the morning radio show I listen to and the champ just guessed at the last second. Oh well, I didn't expect to go on a Ken Jennings streak but I still would've loved to win at least a few.

Comment

Hey, you still made some good money for an hour of TV work. You can take THAT to the bank...literally.
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                          Hey, you still made some good money for an hour of TV work. You can take THAT to the bank...literally.
                          This is definitely a spot were I'd blow the money on something truly memorable ... a round the world trip or something. Winning money, then letting it get absorbed into daily life seems like such a waste

Comment

Well, I have been meaning to replace my kitchen cabinets!

Comment

I think Overkill was good, but not nearly as good as this guy:

Comment

That was insane. He said he deduced that "B" had to be the key letter and went from there. A nice change of pace for WoF because it seems like many of their contestants are idiots.

Comment

Working...
                                X