2K24: Miami Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Speculation is that Dickerson is going to the IL. He was scratched as "a precaution" on Sunday due to an undisclosed injury and didnt play yesterday. Overall, Dickerson has been a huge disappointment this season...I think because he is trying to play while his father is dying of cancer.

Sanchez should be the starting LF in my estimation, especially with Garrett Cooper hurt also. He would easily take the job for good if he hits like he has been.
    Thanks
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      if it's Sanchez, are we factoring in Berti's positional versatility and potential to provide scarce SBs?

he has 545 MLB AB, so basically a full season's worth:
      10 HR, 52 RBI, 99 R, 31 SB, .251 AVG

how much would you bid for those stats?

though he will be 32 in January
      Berti has been flat out terrible this year. Dude cant hit. He has even been picked off on first THREE times (ties with crappy Isan Diaz for the team lead lol). There will be ABs for Berti/Diaz at least until Devers (and later Brian Anderson) returns (Marlins seem bereft of options at 3B), but neither is hitting and Berti isnt stealing either.

Berti is a quad A type of guy. Wont have a starting job in July. Sanchez can be a game changer. No brainer man.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
        Thanks
        Confirmed:

Comment

• Hopefully Sanchez hits better this time around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            Berti has been flat out terrible this year. Dude cant hit. He has even been picked off on first THREE times (ties with crappy Isan Diaz for the team lead lol). There will be ABs for Berti/Diaz at least until Devers (and later Brian Anderson) returns (Marlins seem bereft of options at 3B), but neither is hitting and Berti isnt stealing either.

Berti is a quad A type of guy. Wont have a starting job in July. Sanchez can be a game changer. No brainer man.
            I appreciate the strong sentiments and your making your case so well. my one objection is "quad A type of guy."

there has never been, and never will be, a "quad A type of guy" with a 101 OPS+ (what he had entering this MLB season) and his kind of positional versatility. that is above average for MI (although currently there is a skew at SS because of so many great ones in their 20s), and his career games started list is amazing:
            39 3B, 36 2B, 29 SS, 22 CF, 7 RF, 5 LF

the ability to plug-and-play into all 3 OF slots and 3 INF is remarkably valuable in today's games of limited benches - especially in the NL.
            while the OF positional versatility is not as important in Rotisserie, his SBs are much more valuable to us than IRL.
            those 31 SB in 545 AB - if he did all of that in 2019, he'd have finished 3rd in the NL in SB that season (behind Acuna and TTurner).

as for "flat out terrible," Sanchez was 1 for 25 w 11 K in his first go-round with the Marlins. he is putting up crazy numbers in the minors, of course.

you make a very good case for Sanchez, but I think there is one to be made for Berti as well.

I just checked, and so far six of the other 10 teams have hitting openings (and that could go up). that includes the 3 teams just ahead of me and three contenders.

frankly, I would love to land on both. so I guess I root for Sanchez to go 0 for 7 with a walk and get pinch-hit for on Wednesday night. it's possible that nobody claims a 1-for-32 MLB hitter in the first round. plus 3 of those other 6 teams have a pitching opening, and Brent Suter's 8 wins are by a LOT the most in league history to still be unowned. have to believe at least one of the 5 teams who need a P makes him their first pick.
            the other H who will go early is Vogelbach - 3 HR, .280 AVG in the week since Hiura was demoted (and a week after I waived Vogelbach, sigh).

of course, if Sanchez hits 2 HR, fuggedabout it - he'll be picked for sure.

am very interested in other thoughts on this battle - and if you'd much prefer Vogelbach, as that would be a good sign if I try for both.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• "I guess I root for Sanchez to go 0 for 7 with a walk and get pinch-hit for on Wednesday night."

0 for 4 with 2 K tonight - love it when a game plan starts to play out properly.

I think I'm halfway to acquiring both players

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                "I guess I root for Sanchez to go 0 for 7 with a walk and get pinch-hit for on Wednesday night."

0 for 4 with 2 K tonight - love it when a game plan starts to play out properly.

I think I'm halfway to acquiring both players
                Yes sir! I am thinking about lowering my bid by a lot and see if I can sneak him through.

Comment

• 1:15 PM ET start for Marlins.
                  my Jazz leading off, then 2 Berti and 3 Sanchez in my Pillsbury Bakeoff

ok, both 1 for 2 with 4th-inning singles so far...
                  Last edited by Judge Jude; 06-16-2021, 01:43 PM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• As suspected Sanchez was purchased for a $24 FAAB bid last night.

The 10th place team got him. I bid 18. Even if I bid $24 I would not have won the bid.

I hope you all fared better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      As suspected Sanchez was purchased for a $24 FAAB bid last night.

The 10th place team got him. I bid 18. Even if I bid $24 I would not have won the bid.

What if you bid $25

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        What if you bid $25
                        I could not trade him (25 and up) until the off season. I could not cut him this year or in the off season without paying a penalty of $10 in real cash.

I only had $43 FAAB dollars left. I am in first place with a strong offense. So while I would like to have him I need to save some dollars for pitching or injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          As suspected Sanchez was purchased for a $24 FAAB bid last night.

imagine if he was THREE for 33 in the big leagues instead of two !

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Jesus is just alright with me.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• well, I took Berti - then figured one particular owner might take Sanchez. he loves prospects.

second claim was for Berti, so that hunch was right.
                              and the third was for Sanchez, by the owner I expected.

but then.. the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 8th claims were for.... Sanchez.
                              my 10th claim for Sanchez - #misseditbythatmuch

now, I correctly surmised that I couldn't get both Berti and Sanchez - but flipping them almost would have worked.
                              but I badly misjudged the market.

first problem was I misread it as Sanchez being 1 for 25 earlier this season, so if anyone checked his stats they would recoil.
                              but not only was it last season - we didn't have a season in 2020. none of us noticed this misstep.
                              so what owners saw was "hitting HR in minors," and in a deep NL-only league, it's enough.
                              even more damning re my misread is that two owners didn't even have a second choice - if they couldn't get Sanchez, they'd rather be short a man for a week. to me, that's crazy because the first three failed Sanchez claims could have had Vogelbach instead - who is actually, you know, starting and hitting HR.

the main consolation, probably, will be that Sanchez winds up back in the FA pool next spring

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Adam Duvall with his 2nd straight 2 HR game

Comment

Working...
                                X