No announcement yet.

2K24: Miami Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• impressive minor league stat: Tyler Kolek (second overall pick in 2014, TJ surgery last year) has pitched 3.2 innings in rookie ball this year. He's only given up four hits! But he also has 14 walks, 9 wild pitches, 3 HBP, and one strikeout.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Has he hit the mascot yet?

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
        impressive minor league stat: Tyler Kolek (second overall pick in 2014, TJ surgery last year) has pitched 3.2 innings in rookie ball this year. He's only given up four hits! But he also has 14 walks, 9 wild pitches, 3 HBP, and one strikeout.
        he was the 2nd pick in our June 2014 draft. yes, I blew it there.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          he was the 2nd pick in our June 2014 draft. yes, I blew it there.
          I know they can be enticing, but you gotta avoid those ML pitchers.

Comment

• Marlin starting OF as of today:

LF: Dietrich
            CF: Brinson
            RF: Prado

Yeah Jeets!

Comment

• In Detroit we have Mahtook, either Jones or Martin in CF (yes that Martin as in Leonsy) and Castellanos.

The good thing in Miami if you have any of those players they all have a great chance to get 500 AB because who is going to challenge them.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Marlin starting OF as of today:

LF: Dietrich
                CF: Brinson
                RF: Prado

Yeah Jeets!

It ain't Yelich, Azuna, Stanton fer sure.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                  In Detroit we have Mahtook, either Jones or Martin in CF (yes that Martin as in Leonsy) and Castellanos.
                  Well, CF is awful, but Mahtook has some serious potential (and started to show some of it last year) and Castellanos is already good, and could be very good.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Rumors are that Miami will add a free agent OF to this mix...spec is Melky or Jon Jay (not blowing the doors off you), but then they threw in Joey Bats as well - but pure speculation

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Well, CF is awful, but Mahtook has some serious potential (and started to show some of it last year) and Castellanos is already good, and could be very good.
                      Mikie was a pleasant surprise last season and I like the attitude he brings to the game. If he could get 500 AB which if he doesn't get hurt he good put up some sneaky numbers.

Comment

• OK, I am as unapologetic of a Marlins fan as it gets around here, but who in the F is Garrett Cooper and why in the F is he starting today in right field instead of Maybin??!??!??? Damn you Marlins!!!!!!!!!

Yes I know who he is....it is just unexpected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                          OK, I am as unapologetic of a Marlins fan as it gets around here, but who in the F is Garrett Cooper and why in the F is he starting today in right field instead of Maybin??!??!??? Damn you Marlins!!!!!!!!!

Yes I know who he is....it is just unexpected.
                          Why he would be my 2nd round reserve pick in our very deep NL only 12 team keeper. He will fit in nicely today at UT. A bit old at 27.

Numbers this spring, slashing .294/.321/.510 with three homers in 22 games.

He only qualifies for 3b or corner so I hope he gets to 5 games in the OF pretty quickly. We have daily moves so that will help.

Comment

• The guy the Yankees should have instead of Tyler Austin?

I know it was Colorado Springs but have you seen his AAA numbers last year? 366/428/652.

If he can competently play outfield, there's no reason MIA can't run out a Brinson/Maybin duo with Cooper and Dietrich platooning in the 3rd spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              The guy the Yankees should have instead of Tyler Austin?

I know it was Colorado Springs but have you seen his AAA numbers last year? 366/428/652.

If he can competently play outfield, there's no reason MIA can't run out a Brinson/Maybin duo with Cooper and Dietrich platooning in the 3rd spot.
                              Luckily, I did see his numbers and took a flier on him at the end of my NL only. Now he's in my starting lineup
                              Still Im just surprised

Comment

• Caleb Smith done for the year with a lat strain.

Comment

Working...
                                X